deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Collection Manager Update: Keep track of cards in your decks  (Read 6683 times)

Nils

• Decks
Collection Manager Update: Keep track of cards in your decks
« on: August 31, 2020, 05:16:03 pm »
As of today we finally have a feature that many of you have been asking for: Deckstats can now keep track of which cards from your collection are already being used in a deck!

To make use of this feature, set decks that you would like include in the calculation to Active. You do this either by clicking "Update Details" on the deck page and ticking the corresponding box at the bottom or by clicking the arrow next to the deck in your deck folder and then clicking on "Set to active". This way you can distinguish between deck lists that you are just starting to work on and decks that you have actually built.

Once you have marked your decks as active, the cards will automatically be deducted from the available amount in the Deckbuilder. This way you can easily keep track of how many copies you still have available for building.

For example, here I have 5 copies of Acidic Slime in my collection and I am already using 4 in another deck. Thus, the Deckbuilder shows the amount as 1/5 when I start to build a new deck:

If you want to see the decks in which you are using a card, just click on the amount in the Deckbuilder (eg. 1/5) or click the looking glass icon next to the card name in your collection.

In addition, I have also made some improvements to deck folder - when you go to your folder it should now look a bit nicer, decks should load more quickly, and it will allow you to set decks to active/inactive or public/private directly from the deck list. There is also a new "All Decks" page for when you can't remember where you saved one of your decks.

As usual, please let me know if you encounter any bugs or notice something that could be improved!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 11:18:49 pm by Nils »

Borgoroth

• Decks
Re: Collection Manager Update: Keep track of cards in your decks
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 08:54:59 pm »
This is so nice. Thank you!

Rishaal

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 10:43:18 pm »
Awesome!

cbs38139

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2020, 02:22:47 am »
So cool! Finally!

Zarbe

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2020, 10:14:40 am »
Very cool Feature !!! thanks

Weildcard

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 11:45:04 am »
I've just joined the site and indexed my 2000+ card collection and I'm delighted to have this feature from the start.  :)

CPBelt

• League of Ordinary Gamers Blog
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2020, 02:19:31 am »
This is an excellent feature I have been long for at deckstats!  :)

TheLastPathfinder

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2020, 03:52:28 pm »
It's a very nice update, but i just can see how many cards are already used in a deck when i use the deckbuilder a filter for my collection.
Could it be possible to show the amount also when i just browse through my collection? It is already possible to choose which columns are shown when you view your collection and it would be great if the amount could also be a column to choose.
And another place where the amount would be great: when i have built a new deck and click on details to look if i the cards are already in my collection i can see that and i can see how many of the cards in my collection, but it would help me more if i would have the same view of the amount like in the deckbuilder.
What do you think about my ideas?

Zombo

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2020, 11:06:00 pm »
Where can I donate? Seriously! Patreon? PayPal?

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2020, 10:48:16 pm »
Thank you for all the positive feedback!

Zombo, I really appreciate you asking about support Deckstats financially. I have been working on a way to make this possible but there is unfortunately a lot of red tape and tax issues that I'll have to figure out (which, ironically, costs quite a bit of time and money). Until then, you can always help out by spreading the word and buying cards through our links. :)

TheLastPathfinder, thank you for your suggestions, I agree that both of these would be very useful. I have added them to my list.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2020, 01:16:23 am »
Hey,

unless it's already in the new collection manager, I would be especially interested in the cards I'm not using in my deck. The reason for this is, that I've bought alot of cards over the years that I don't use anymore. So this wou ld help to get rid of some old cards.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Zupami

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2020, 02:13:38 pm »
Hey Nils,

Awesome update! This is the only feature that I was missing on your site, it's so good now!
I really appreciate you building this site for us to use for free, it's amazing.

One thing though, I think I would like it very much if I can see how many of my cards are in one of my decks in the collection view.
Right now, this feature only works when searching the card database while deckbuilding, but sometimes I might want to just search if I have a spare copy of a card in my collection.
Of course I can click the magnifying glass and subtract all the times it appears in a deck from the total, but it would be a lot easier if this amount was displayed the same as while deckbuilding (available/total).

Anyways, amazing work and keep it up!

SMFrenzel

• (primary) chaos and THG builded decks
  • Decks
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2020, 05:35:14 pm »
This is great Nils, thanks !

But...
I agree with TheLastPathfinder:
It would be very nice to see this at the "Details" of the Deck instead of the green check mark (/circle / stroke).
It's just my kind of use, but I look at the availability if I finished the deck, not while i'm building.

Perhaps this would be possible ?

Thanks anyhow for all your time and work !! :)

SMFrenzel

• (primary) chaos and THG builded decks
  • Decks
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2020, 08:10:18 pm »
The "Maybeboard" shouldn't be counted !

Sideboard of course, but the "maybe" section isn't included to any tournament deck for example, correct ? ;)

This are just some ideas for later or not to forget... But these card are at this moment not used for the deck...

Steiff

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2021, 10:39:54 pm »
Nice feature and great site allover!
I wish to have a tag for collection cards to store the physical location or deck it is actually in. Not only the fact that the card is in any of the decks