deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: How can I merge duplicate entries in my collection?  (Read 2009 times)

Weildcard

• Decks
How can I merge duplicate entries in my collection?
« on: September 07, 2020, 12:24:43 pm »
So I've just started using deckstats and I'm delighted to have a way to digitally track and organize my 2000+ card collection for the very first time.  :)  A few hitches/questions I ran into along the way of inventorying my collection:

I have multiple rows for some cards in my collection, e.g. 1 Armor of Thorns, 3 Armor of Thorns, 1 Armor of Thorns (because I have 5 total).

I was assuming that the rows would be merged, or that at least there would be some feature to let me "merge all duplicate rows" or some such, but I can't find one.  Is there such a feature?  (I saw something like that in the deck builder, I forget where exactly, I can't seem to find the same feature for managing my collection.)

Also, when I export my collection as a plain text file, the card names that I originally imported from plain text files are shown in lowercase (just like they were in the original files), although on the website they're shown with the correct capitalization.  Is there a way to fix this so the exported plain text will match the displayed plain text (in terms of capitalization)?

The cards that I typed in directly on the website (in the GUI tool) auto-corrected to the right capitalization and are exported that way, but the cards I imported are only displayed with capital letters, not exported that way.

On a related note to the multiple rows per card issue, it appears to me that the only way to enter "split" set information (i.e. for multiple copies of a card, some from one set and some from another) is to have two separate entries (rows) in my collection, one for each set.  Is that accurate?

(I don't have set information marked for my collection, except for a tiny handful of cards I entered manually while playing with the feature.  N.B. I did not mark Armor of Thorns, so the issue described above isn't caused by set differences.)

The only way I found to mark set info is to "copy row" and then change the quantity manually, and enter the set info for each row separately.  That seems a bit rough as a workflow; am I missing something?

Just to spitball feature ideas, it would be nice if I could enter a "mark set info" mode where I would not have to worry about accidentally falsifying the info on the total number of cards in my collection.  (I might accidentally falsify info on how many cards from which sets, but the names and quantities of the cards would be fixed and unchangeable.)  And I would be able to say, for instance, out of 9 Ravenous Rats, so many are from Invasion, so many from Urza's Destiny, so many from 8th Edition, etc.  And it would be nice to be able to have this information entered, but still ignore it for some purposes, i.e. hide the "set info" column and have my collection be displayed with all Ravenous Rats auto-aggregated into one row (the way I am trying to do in my first question above, without any set info at all).

This might be a "pipe dream" but I've seen that the developer (developers?) of this site are very active in making new features, so I thought I'd mention it.  :)  Incidentally, I don't care about set info EXCEPT that I would very much like to have the "visual spoiler" for decks I'm creating show the artwork I have on my actual cards (which are nearly all 18 years old or more).

Thanks for reading this far!

Nils

• Decks
Re: How can I merge duplicate entries in my collection?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 10:57:54 pm »
I'm happy to hear you're enjoying the site!

We don't have an official button for merging/removing duplicate entries at the moment, but there is actually a way I can do this for you. It's still in beta mode (so I'd recommend you download a CSV backup first) but I'd be happy to run that when you're ready. I just had a look and it would remove about 100 duplicate rows from your collection.

Thanks for letting me know about the issue with the card name capitalization during export, I will look into that.

And yes, at the moment the only way to specify multiple versions of the same card is to use the Duplicate feature. I appreciate that this is a bit annoying to do though, so I am hoping to improve that in the future. I will keep your suggestions in mind when doing that.

Thank you for all the helpful feedback!

Anvari

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2021, 02:39:33 pm »
Hello,

i'm responding to this older topic because i ran into the same issue and wanted to ask if you plan to add this feature sometimes soon. I did a part of my collection via hand and everything is great, but when i was importing previously used decks i ran into the issue that multiple copies (without any edition specified) of cards like Skullclamp, Lighting Greaves etc. are now displayed in the list.

It would be awesome to be able to combine cards with a simple press of a button, if they do share the same properties

z993126

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2021, 03:46:05 am »
Seconding (thirding?) a three cheers for adding this feature!

Jadefalke

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2021, 01:38:35 pm »
Such a function would be great! My vote for it!

CrowsBane

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2021, 11:07:18 am »
Second this, would love to merge cards with the same properties (editon, collectors number, foil)!

Suroh

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2022, 10:52:51 pm »
Any news on this front?

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2022, 07:57:31 pm »
I have now finally completed this work: https://deckstats.net/forum/index.php/topic,66385.0.html