deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Kaalia - looking for opinions and advice  (Read 1118 times)

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: Kaalia - looking for opinions and advice
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2020, 10:30:59 am »
That crush contraband is good. It has more versatility without sacrificing utility. Cost reduction is also a way to go with this deck to make it easier to cast your creatures overall.

Blackout7734

• Decks
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2020, 10:18:39 pm »
I took some time to consider, and came to terms with cutting some of the bigger stuff, even though I am very much fond of them.

First and foremost I'll cut the glorious anthem as well as always watching, taking the first advice.

I'll also try to replace some of the big drops with flicker effects and lower CMC. Thinking about cutting one or both of the akromas, avacyn, guardian angel hasn't seen much play or use either, same as platinum angel. I'm also thinking of removing deathpact angel.

Elbrus, the binding blade, moonsilver spear and response // resurgence might go as well.

Crush contraband makes sense, too, I'll see about that.

I'm gonna go through my collection to see if I already have some matching cards, the rest goes on the list for the batch of cards I'll order next.

I'm also thinking of replacing akroma's vengeance with decree of pain, since I often find myself cycling it, rather than putting myself at an even bigger disadvantage if it blows up my manarocks. Torment of hailfire is on my list as well.

I'll give an update when it's done, again thanks to everyone so far, you're all very helpful =)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 10:27:17 pm by Blackout7734 »

Blackout7734

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2020, 12:21:26 pm »
So the first wave of changes swept over my deck.

I actually had crush contraband just waiting in one of my many lot boxes.
So was survive the night.

I also put feather, the redeemed in, though I'm missing more matching instants and such to use her perfectly.

Also managed to bring the CMC down to 4,3, added some flicker with flickerform and flickerwisp and some controly stuff with archon of absolution and blind obedience , I'll see how that goes, until I have more viable dragons and demons matching this deck.

Also replaced akroma's vengeance with kaya's wrath.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2020, 04:29:29 pm »
For Master of Cruelties (and other, similar creatues, you'll really want to hit someone) there is an interesting, and, at least from my experience, underrated card: Trailblazer's Boots.
Even with mono decks, there are usually at least some utility lands. so the boots basicly makes a creature unblockable.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.