English-language Forums > Commander Discussion

Stopping Combos

<< < (4/4)

Morganator 2.0:
On the off-chance anyone cares I've made some changes to the initial post. Most notably I went into a little more detail about when you should be using your removal, and I also added Smothering Tithe loops to the specific combo section.

terminalgeek:
I would recommend adding that two ways to stop the Consultation Oracle/Tainted Oracle combo besides counter magic are:

1) Angel's Grace so they can't win (assuming they have no way of flickering the Oracle).

2) Force them to draw a card and lose the game before the Oracle ability resolves. Kenrith, the Returned King, Cephaild Coliseum, Selvala, Explorer Returned.

Nicholas Turula:
angels grace is the boogeyman for sure. Laboratory maniac and Jace, weilder of mysteries are good outlets given the draw problem.

Aetherium Slinky:

--- Quote from: Morganator 2.0 on December 09, 2020, 10:03:38 pm ---
--- Quote from: PB1980 on December 09, 2020, 12:18:39 am ---Also what is your opinion about Teferi, Time Raveler with regards to anti combo?
I have found him a very nice card to include in decks I play.

--- End quote ---

Teferi (and cards like Grand Abolisher and City of Solitude) works as combo protection more than combo prevention. If you control Teferi and are trying to combo, you know that no one is going to interrupt you. Likewise, if an opponent controls Teferi, you know that there is only one player that can try to stop you. He does nothing to stop combos.

--- End quote ---
I learnt the hard way that Teferi actually stops the Isochron Scepter and Dramatic Reversal combo. You can't cast a copy of a spell when Teferi is in play.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version