deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Zurzoth, Devil Commander - Comments  (Read 175 times)

Comment Bot

Zurzoth, Devil Commander - Comments
« on: September 30, 2020, 03:58:15 am »
Zurzoth, Devil Commander

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Judaspriester

• Decks
Re: Zurzoth, Devil Commander - Comments
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 03:25:22 pm »
on the first look, the deck looks solid. I'm just not sure about the amount of lands, compared to the average cmc.

Possible cards to cut for additional lands:
Crystal Ball
Tibalt, the Fiend-Blooded

Besides that, it has proven helpful for me to group the cards by function (card draw, mana ramp/fixing, removal, etc.). This can be useful to make some mistakes while deck building more visible (e.g. lacking removal, or cards that doesn't fit into any category and therefore might be obsolete).

Thinking about the deck, I've got 2 ideas for removal:
Soul-Guide Lantern - good gravehate and can be sacrificed for a card draw if you don't need gravehate in your current game
Abrade - cheap to play and can be used against low power creatures AND artifacts (multi purpose is always great for removal)

It might also be worth thinking about some cards that let your opponents draw multiple cards, since you only get a token for the first card they draw each turn (e.g. Dragon Mage). so each additonal card you let them draw requires additional cards on the board to make use of them.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

nabate123

• I am the Demon's Head. I am Ras Al-Ghul.
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 04:52:41 pm »
Thank you for the feedback. Is there any ideas of wheel cards that would be useful in the deck?

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 09:46:43 pm »
Hmm.. to be honest, I'm not sure if weels are really a that good idea. Like already said, every card beyond the first to draw each turn doesn't triggers your commander anymore.
But if you want to play them, Molten Psyche is already a good idea with your amount of artifacts. Besides that, this is what I found on a quick search:  Wheel of Fate, Collective Defiance, Burning Inquiry, Khorvath's Fury.

In combination with weels, Psychosis Crawler might also be interesting.

Btw, what about Stolen Strategy? Especially in multiplayer it's an interesting utility card.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.