deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: need help to complete my Tatyova, Benthic Druid Land Deck  (Read 589 times)

xantius

• Decks
need help to complete my Tatyova, Benthic Druid Land Deck
« on: September 30, 2020, 08:00:09 pm »
https://deckstats.net/decks/154173/1717909-tatyova-benthic-druid

the Deck has 100 Cards at the moment

but but there are so many other nice card
i need help to put someone in and whichone shoud out for them

the 15 cards from sideboard shoud maybe in
and the 47 cards on maybeboard are sorted out
but maybe someone has a good reason to bring them back to the deck

i am not able to play "beta" cards, but the artwork is the same on my FL BB cards and i like it

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
Re: need help to complete my Tatyova, Benthic Druid Land Deck
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 08:26:15 pm »
A lot of the cards in your "Theme Land" section seem subpar: Into the Wilds, Kefnet, the Mindful, Khalni Gem, Primeval Bounty, Soramaro, First to Dream, Wayfarer's Bauble.

Your spot removal section seems odd, too. Desert Twister and Scour from Existence are just blegh cards. Reality Shift, Pongify, and Rapid Hybridization are good options for creature removal and Nature's Claim, Return to Nature, and Natural State are good options for artifact/enchantment removal, and Chain of Vapor is universally good. All of the cards I just suggested are instant speed and 1-2 mana, while Twister and Scour are both 7 mana (which is wayyyy too much for a removal spell).

For reference, here's my list if you are interested: https://deckstats.net/decks/120669/1452758-tatyova-benthic-druid-lands/en

stuffnsuch

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 10:16:18 pm »
You've got 3 cards listed as "Win" all of which are cards that literally say "you win" on them.  They all, however have very different objectives and directions to take the deck.  Is your goal to win with one of those cards?  Is your goal to win through some other means?  The easiest way for me to trim down a deck and fine tune it is to start with how I want the game to end, then focus on what I can do to get there.  I'd not run Simic Ascendancy unless you're planning to really go all in with those +1/+1 counters.  I'd not run Helix Pinnacle unless you're really hoping to generate a lot of mana (more than just having a dozen lands on the field), and I'd not run Jace, Weilder of Mysteries unless you have ways to draw your entire deck in a single turn.  Whatever your win conditions are (and you should have a few options) they should all expect you to play a certain way to get to the end result.  With Tatyova, you've got at least two main lines of play, dig through your deck for a combo, or generate value off of landfall triggers to outpace and overwhelm your opponents.  Decide which of these you're going for (or come up with another), and focus on reaching that goal.
Rather than worry so much about which cards are good and which are bad, start thinking about which cards more you towards your primary win condition and which don't.  Does a card really add to what you need to happen to win, or does it just do something cool (maybe even powerful), but not relevant to your strategy?  If it's the latter, you may want to consider cutting it.  There are exceptions, but that's not a bad rule of thumb to follow.  Decide how you want to win, and cut cards that don't really help with your game plan.

xantius

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 08:03:07 pm »
first thx in gerenal for the answers

my experience while playing commander deck with more then one opponent, is not that that 6 mana for a Dester Twister is to much far a removel spell
and it can handle lands and also planeswalkers, so i still prefer it for a pungify which only can handle a creature

i got 6 mana estimated 1 turn after i played my 5 mana commander, so i prefer the variability

i agree with you in an 1 on 1 game the is has to bee much more faster
but i whoud like to play it in a round with 4 or 5 (mostly casual) players

maybe i shoud mention this while making the original post

why Soramaro, First to Dream is subpar, it makes my to bounds lands to draw card for drawing cards

and

the "win" category
its not the goal to win this way, its only an nice to have option to spend "other way lost" mana

and also i realy dont like cards for all, in my thoughts the other(s) may got a better benefit from this effekt
regardless of play an additional land, draw an additional card and in an 4 - 5 game, 3 - 4 other go an benefit which my addional must can handle
why shoud i play mana for an effect for my opponents

i was trying to build an deck, to "play" not to "dominate" but with "option(s) to win

to focus on an strategy is often salty for the other players

i got for the next time, i post a deck, to mention this "detail" directly

maybe some can help after my clarification

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 08:29:07 pm »
So, to get this right, you are 100% fine to spend the entire turn after you played your commander to play a single removal spell? Instead of playing ramp spells, drawing cards, or work on winning the game?

Also, Soramaro is just wayyyy too expensive. It's 6 mana and 4 mana per land bounced. You already draw plenty of cards because Tatyova does Tatyova things, so is 4 mana to return a land to your hand really worth it? If so, there are much better options (such as Oboro Breezecaller, Scryb Ranger, Quirion Ranger).

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 05:20:32 am »
One idea you could try doing is running chulane, teller of tales as a commander instead. Since you care about the lands you could have a leader for your deck that can also protect creatures and give you even more value on your land drops. If not you could run cards such as biomancer's familiar since it's in your current commander's colors AND it reduces activated abilities.

xantius

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2020, 05:13:03 pm »
yes i am 100% fine in spend 6 or 7  mana for a spell with the variability to handle Volrath's Stronghold, Jace, the Mind Sculptor or maybe Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God

i like your hint to Oboro Breezecaller which can replace Soramaro, First to Dream 2 mana to cast and  2 mana activation cost is much more faster then 6 mana to cast and 4 mana activation but it is an x/x flyer and not an 2/2 so he should be more expensiv, that also fine for me

maybe, we "play" commander to "play" commander an have a nice time where all of uns have some fun and at the end of a Game some has won or lose the game - so we shuffle the decks an play again
when some takes a deck we all mention as "to strong" the hole game focus to get this deck out, i dont think that this make fun for all

i can only repeat "here" is no need to try every single turn to dominate the hole table - i think thats the big differenz ín the way to take a look at cards
maybe i asked for help at the wrong place

xantius

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2020, 05:18:39 pm »
and for the other command
i can only aswer
to build a 3 color deck makes the probleme only greater not smaller
an biomancer's familiar has an nice effect, but which card shoud removed for it

xantius

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2020, 08:46:11 pm »
update after playing
there is no need for "bounce" and extra "draw" if there is "more" play an additional land