deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Boros has card draw??  (Read 600 times)

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
Boros has card draw??
« on: November 08, 2021, 01:25:53 pm »
In the midst of playing a recent commander league I came across a way for Boros to draw a boat load of cards. It isn't for every type of Boros decks but it can and will draw you lots of cards. It is mainly done of course in a token deck. Using Fighter Class and Skullclamp. Pay 2 mana, play Fighter Class, tutor for Skullclamp, pay 3 mana and level up Fighter Class, pay 1 mana and play Skullclamp. With the level 2 of Fighter Class you can now equip Skullclamp for free. The more tokens you have on the field the more cards you can draw. Granted to do this it costs a total of 6 mana but it really surprises your opponents when you clamp just say 3 tokens and draw 6. It works even better when you can tap those tokens for mana before equipping them.  I know it isn't the best way mana wise to do this but when it works it really does work and people in my playgroups now that have seen this usually do the "wtf are you doing or wtf is happening". I am like "I am drawing cards what does it look like". Hopefully this little insight helps out someone :)
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Varatius

• Decks
Re: Boros has card draw??
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2021, 06:29:28 pm »
Puresteel paladin has the equip cost reduction and you're Boris so meeting metalcraft isn't hard so if you run these card he's an auto include because any equipment tutor or artifact tutor will help get skullclamp.

Bonethousand

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2021, 07:10:04 pm »
Zirda, the Dawnwaker as well. One of my favorite cards.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2021, 01:06:47 am »
Zirda, the Dawnwaker as well. One of my favorite cards.
Cannot reduce to zero.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Bonethousand

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2021, 02:46:40 pm »