deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Next tribe to get a commander  (Read 4443 times)

paulusdeboself

• Decks
Re: Next tribe to get a commander
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2020, 11:11:54 am »
Honestly, a WUBRG elf legend with a generic lord effect would be a pretty fun casual tribal commander to me. Having a neat ability would be cool, but elves are synergistic enough without a good commander effect. (I would definitely play something silly like an elf Reaper King, though. )

The most flavorful effect for elves is the immeasurable amount of mana they can produce. So for me an abzan colored Marwyn, the Nurturer would be the perfect commander. It's pure elf that she becomes stronger with every other elf and thus can produce more mana to have more elvish friends. Great stuff.  :D

I play a Kethis, the hidden hand elf tribal deck. It's abzan and although it doesn't produce mana, it gives some kind of cost reduction. But the cost reduction does mather. And there other (legendary) elves that produce the mana I need.

So I'm glad with a few of the legendary elves in Commander Legends. Miara, thorn of the glade, Numa, joraga captain and especially Abomination of Llanowar look like they would fit my deck. Now find some room for them....

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2020, 03:49:12 am »

This is kind of what I was thinking for them to release as an Aetherborn Commander.  I designed the card in mtgcardsmith (the image is by Jaden Lingerfelt, not my design, but I am a terrible artist).  The card text got cut off a bit, but is as follows :

Lifelink, Deathtouch, Fabricate 3
Sacrifice an artifact: Target Aetherborn gains flying until end of turn.
Whenever an artifact or creature is sacrificed, put a +1/+1 counter on each Aetherborn creature you control.
Whenever an Aetherborn creature you control dies, lose 1 life and draw a card.—

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2020, 04:33:23 am »
That second ability would probably be a bit too powerful, but aside from that, do Aetherborn really need a tribal leader? There's only 16 of them and they aren't really synergistic save the one lord.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Potato Chop

• Jank is Dank
  • Decks
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2020, 04:56:42 am »
That second ability would probably be a bit too powerful

I agree. Maybe changing that to "put a +1/+1 counter on [CARDNAME] and it gains flying until end of turn" would be better.

Also, adding "you may" to that third ability would make it a little nicer. Just having the choice is good, nothing major.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2020, 02:23:34 pm »
[D]o Aetherborn really need a tribal leader? There's only 16 of them and they aren't really synergistic save the one lord.

stuffnsuch

• Decks
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2020, 10:50:09 pm »
Griffins

xantius

• Decks
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2020, 05:55:31 pm »
i think the Phoenix got a Commander
Jeska, Thrice Reborn
not a "Phoenix" but "Reborn" will fit with Phoenix :-)

Loggiu

• Decks
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2021, 03:40:44 pm »
Now is Phyrexian!!!!!! With the new creature type only Phyrexian!!!!

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Modern Tribal Combinations!
  • Decks
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2021, 03:53:20 pm »
[D]o Aetherborn really need a tribal leader? There's only 16 of them and they aren't really synergistic save the one lord.
Yes. They have Midnight Entourage after all, but yes: other than there aren't that many Tribal lords. Probably there should be made such a Lord, like the one proposed.
Regards:
Chavo

[email protected]

• Decks
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2021, 04:03:38 pm »
AETHERBORNS!!!!