deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: What was everyone's first rare and mythic?  (Read 1597 times)

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Modern Tribal Combinations!
  • Decks
Re: What was everyone's first rare and mythic?
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2020, 03:30:36 pm »
Sweet thread, true. My first Rare? Well, the first two decks I bought were back in 2011, the edition is called "Duel Decks: Knights vs. Dragons". They are mainstay at my gallery and whatever rares were there. Bogardan Hellkite and Knight Exemplar I guess were among them. I totally rebuilt the decks but the core remains.
Kind regards,
Chavo

Hyracul

• Decks
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2020, 03:49:52 pm »
Nice question!
I remember opening my very first intro pack with a foil Butcher of Malakir as deck rare, it was a joy.
Then I moved on and cracked the pack which came with the deck, pulling a mono-green Omnath, Locus of Mana! unfortunately, back in the days, I didn't play anything besides black + didn't actually understand the card, so I traded it for a sh!tton of other cards.

It isn't even my biggest MtG-related regret...

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2020, 10:36:56 pm »
What?

It's been forever for me and I really don't remember, but I've enjoyed reading this thread.
That's true!

... probably a shivan dragon, drain power, timber wolves or something - nothing exciting.

Edit says: There were no mythics that time ;)

Nope, sure weren't. First mythics were in the Shards block.
This space for rent.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2020, 10:06:24 pm »
My first "pack" was a starter deck of Revised.  It would have contained 3 rares.  But back then, rarity was not shown on the card.  In fact, Revised didn't even have an expansion symbol.  Wizards also did not publish a set cardlist back then.  The casual/new player had no idea which cards were rare/uncommon/common, or even that such a thing existed.

So, What was my first rare?  **shrugs shoulders**  Thinking back, I think they may have been Shivan Dragon, Birds of Paradise, and Tropical Island.  But I could be wrong.  Any or all of those could have been from my second starter deck.
Happy Brewing!
:)

Cosmic_Insight

• praise Sylveon for upvotes
  • Decks
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2020, 02:45:07 pm »
I actually started playing this year because of COVID making playing Dungeons and Dragons with friends rather tricky. Got myself a Core 2020 fat pack, and walked away with a foil Drakuseth, Maw of Flames and a foil Cavalier of Gales. I didn't realize the chance of getting a foil mythic until later. I should note that my sibling has ungodly luck when opening booster packs, getting all five of the gods from War of the Spark, along with Gideon Blackblade and Liliana, Dreadhorde General, and Nikara Revenant from 36 WotS packs and 1 battleboond packs.
Stay safe!  :) 
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. owo