deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Death from Below - Comments  (Read 342 times)

Comment Bot

Death from Below - Comments
« on: October 11, 2020, 12:27:26 pm »
Death from Below

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Modern Tribal Combinations!
  • Decks
Re: Death from Below - Comments
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 12:27:26 pm »
I love your deck, man. It's like an alternative to mine. You should definitely come back and consider Serpent of Yawning Depths as well. Otherwise you have a star from me. You can exclude black from Wrexial as it's Blue-Green Flavour as I did to mine with (<cost={3}{U}{U}{UB};>), and I recommend Opulent Palace with same exclusion (<source={G}{U};>), Temple of Mystery and Castle Vantress as well. Otherwise it's lovely: you put all Sea Monsters and Starfishes, but you can think, yeah of Kiora, the Crashing Wave and Kiora, Master of the Depths and why not try Kiora's Follower, even Thassa, God of the Sea, her Bident of Thassa? You can do it however you can, man. Lovely deck!

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 12:29:28 pm »
Oh, and get rid of Breaching Leviathan and that Ancient Serpent. Try to make it Modern.

jeurich

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 04:51:15 pm »
Thanks so much for your feed back.  I definitely have to add Serpent of Yawning Depths (I have not been keeping up).  I don't mind Wrexial but I too am a fan of flavor and consistency.  I don't need opulent palace because I do not plan on casting any of the larger creatures.  I only need blue mana and lots of creatures to load up QUT. I love castle Vantress however.  Thrumming bird would help put counters on the Quest much faster than scrying but it does not stick to  the theme.  This deck is meant to be fun.  I made it because I was playing casual with some newbies and I wanted a slow deck so that they would get a chance to play some of their cards before I destroy them.  My sons friends love this deck because it is extremely powerful in any multiplayer game and is a little silly.

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2021, 09:09:38 pm »
Come back, man! You should get rid off the illegal cards! Put also Simic Sky Swallower. Also, you can put Interpret the Signs and put other Merfolks like Thassa's Oracle and Tatyova, Benthic Druid. Card Drawing Elves of Seatasna like Sages of the Anima and Skyrider Patrol flying on good giant manta. You can do it, but make it Modern and get rid of those "antiquities", man. Oh, and the good ol' Tromokratis is excellent for this deck. Regards: Chavo
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 09:11:11 pm by Elan Morin Tedronai »

jeurich

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2021, 01:34:12 am »
Thanks for your feedback.  I do need to update this deck.  I do not mind that it is illegal because it is silly and the cards are expensive enough that I had to print it. If I want to make it more powerful I have to put more creatures in to trigger the QUT.  I cannot put a non sea monster that has high mana value or uses non blue because this deck cannot have a lot of land.  You should print this deck and then play with it (multi player is best).  After one game you will realize this deck is a 1 trick pony.  Its silly and an ok deck in a Free For All.

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2021, 04:54:26 am »
Definitely, man. You can also look at Runo Stromkirk // Krothuss, Lord of the Deep  from recent Innistrad: Crimson Vow. I put 2 of it. Oh, you can play easily enough the Temples: Temple of Deceit and Temple of Mystery. They're good, but only them and optional 2 Opulent Palace, which is a fine fixer. And 1 basic land of a kind or 2 Forests is enough. But pump up a bit the lands. IMHO, you don't need so many creatures. I don't keep more than 15 sea monsters in that manner. 2 to 3 Quest for Ula's Temple would be enough, but it's your call. You'll need at least 22 and you might think really: casting the creatures. Kiora Bests the Sea God is also nice and includable. Ominous Seas and Kiora, Master of the Depths are also good and can find place here.
Regards: Chavo
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 05:01:36 am by Elan Morin Tedronai »

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2023, 12:31:58 am »
Hello, man! Just dropping by! I would recommend once again to update your deck and to look at Kiora, Sovereign of the Deep as well! :) Awesome deck! Make it Modern!