deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Session aktualisieren button and then try again.

Autor Thema: Commander Legends Leaks  (Gelesen 1274 mal)

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
Commander Legends Leaks
« am: Oktober 13, 2020, 02:58:26 Vormittag »
So apparently some leaks from CMR have been circulating on Reddit, and they're pretty cool.

A wonderful Redditor by the name of "thearchersbowsbroke" has made a Google Doc that encompasses pretty much all of the leaks: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZR6gsXh_Fy-epAhT3FpZJQkuO_tep8rTpVcB4JSHO2o/edit?usp=drivesdk

TL;DR: Some new partner commanders (2 of which are planeswalkers!), and a bunch of cool reprints (most notably Three Visits at uncommon; Tymna, the Weaver; Staff of Domination; Maelstrom Wanderer).

I personally am pumped so far. I won't comment on the new cards because many are incomplete and/or a loose translation, but I'm so happy to see Theee Visits and Tymna getting reprinted in particular.

Edit: Adding links to reddit thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/EDH/comments/j9zku8/cmr_new_commander_legends_spoilers_from_an_ebay/
« Letzte Änderung: Oktober 13, 2020, 03:05:50 Vormittag von WizardSpartan »

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: Commander Legends Leaks
« Antwort #1 am: Oktober 17, 2020, 02:35:18 Nachmittag »

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Antwort #2 am: Oktober 17, 2020, 03:22:44 Nachmittag »
Definitely some interesting cards if the translations are right. There's one I might actually build that appears to have partner which would be a first, I've yet to build a partner deck.
This space for rent.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Letzte Änderung: Oktober 17, 2020, 11:14:56 Nachmittag von Morganator 2.0 »

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Antwort #4 am: Oktober 17, 2020, 11:30:21 Nachmittag »
Anybody kinda wish leaks just didn't happen and we would see cards when WotC wants us to?

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Antwort #5 am: Oktober 18, 2020, 12:21:25 Vormittag »
So I don't speak German, but I did my best to translate some of these cards. Most of them are hard to read though.

Deep Sea Fleet Blademaster
3R
Creature - Orc Pirate
Whenever ~ attacks, it deals damage to defending player or planeswaker equal to the number of artifacts you control.
Encore 5R (I don’t know what this ability does, text was unclear)

Guildless common property
Land
~ enters tapped
When the ~ comes into play, return a land you control to its owner’s hand
Tap: 2

Captain Vargus Wrath
UR
Legendary creature – orc pirate
Whenever ~ attacks, pirates you control get +1/+1 until end of turn for each time you cast your commander this game.
1/1

Amareth (something else)
3GWU
Legendary creature – dragon
Flying
Whenever another permanent enters the battlefield under your control, look at the top card of your library. If they share a card type, you can reveal it and put it into your hand.
6/6

Glacian, Powerstone Engineer
5U
Legendary creature – Human Artificer
Tap, tap X untapped artifacts you control: look at the top X cards of your library, put one of them in your hand and the rest in your graveyard.
partner
3/6

Kangee, Guardian of Heaven
3WU
Legendary creature – Bird Wizard
Flying, Vigilance
Whenever ~ attacks, each attacking creature gets +2/+0 until end of turn.
Whenever ~ blocks, each blocking creature gets +0/+2 until end of turn.
3/3

War Room
Land
Tap: add 1
3, tap, pay life equal to the number of colors in your commander's color identity: draw a card.

Sakashima's Protege
4UU
Creature - Shapeshifter
Flash, cascade
You may have ~ enter the battlefield as a copy of any permanent that entered the battlefield this turn.
3/1

Anara, Wolfid Familiar
3G
Legendary creature – wolf beast
During your turn, commander creatures you control have indestructible.
Partner
4/4

Malcolm, Keen Eyed Navigator
2U
Legendary creature – Siren pirate
Flying
Whenever one or more Pirates you control deal combat damage to an opponent, create a Treasure token.
Partner
2/2

Earth deformation (probably supposed to be “terraforming”)
6GGG
Sorcery
Search your library for up to 10 lands, put them on to the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.

Soulfire Eruption
6RRR
Sorcery
Choose any number of targets. For each, exile the top card of your library, then deal damage equal to the revealed card’s converted mana cost. You may play the exiled cards until the end of your next turn.

Wrong Turn
2U
Instant
An opponent of your choice gains control of a creature of your choice.
« Letzte Änderung: Oktober 18, 2020, 12:41:09 Vormittag von Morganator 2.0 »

blueberry314

• Decks
« Antwort #6 am: Oktober 18, 2020, 02:38:41 Vormittag »
Anybody kinda wish leaks just didn't happen and we would see cards when WotC wants us to?

These "leaks" always happen after WOTC screws up big time. Almost as if they want to shift our focus onto something good instead of something bad.

These leaks are planned.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Antwort #7 am: Oktober 18, 2020, 04:12:19 Nachmittag »
Assuming that I translated this stuff correctly, we now have a commander for a tribe that isn't well supported (pirates) and a cool card design with an impractically high mana cost (Soulfire Eruption).

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Antwort #8 am: Oktober 18, 2020, 04:31:31 Nachmittag »

These "leaks" always happen after WOTC screws up big time. Almost as if they want to shift our focus onto something good instead of something bad.

These leaks are planned.
I saw that theory on Reddit. People really like their tinfoil hats, huh?

Also, Morg, wdym Pirates aren't well supported? Ixalan block had a lot of support for pirates, and Admiral Beckett Brass, while not the strongest commander, still provides ample incentive to play a Pirate tribal deck.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Antwort #9 am: Oktober 18, 2020, 05:02:49 Nachmittag »
Aside from Forerunner of the Coalition and Admiral Beckett Brass there aren't any good pirate-tribal cards, just a bunch of good cards that happen to be pirates (Pitiless Plunderer, Dockside Extortionist). I might be getting ahead of myself though, they have more support than other tribes that got a commander recently like satyrs and unicorns.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Antwort #10 am: Oktober 18, 2020, 05:22:53 Nachmittag »
Aside from Forerunner of the Coalition and Admiral Beckett Brass there aren't any good pirate-tribal cards, just a bunch of good cards that happen to be pirates (Pitiless Plunderer, Dockside Extortionist). I might be getting ahead of myself though, they have more support than other tribes that got a commander recently like satyrs and unicorns.
I don't really care, was just wondering if you were think about Admiral when you considered Pirates as an underrepresented tribe. There are 90+ legal pirates in Grixis, but I would say 30 max are actually okay in EDH, and maybe 2/3s of them care that they are a vampire/synergize with Admiral in any way. I suppose the tribe isn't represented well.

What I really would like is a multi color commander that rewards building around Treasure. Negan doesn't count because, well, because. Gadrak, the Crown-Scourge just isn't that good as a treasure commander because he more rewards you for killing creatures and getting Treasures as an incidental benefit (also he's mono color). Captain Lannery Storm is a lot closer, but to me, she's just not designed for Commander (and is also mono color). I really wish they hadn't printed Gadrak so I could beg for a 2-3 color Dragon commander that grows its hoard of Treasure (one that's preferably more powerful that Gadrak as a result of it being multicolor), but that slot has already been fulfilled.  :-\

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Antwort #11 am: Oktober 19, 2020, 09:55:03 Nachmittag »
Official spoiler season starts next week!
This space for rent.

Marshstepper78

• Decks
« Antwort #12 am: Oktober 20, 2020, 12:37:31 Vormittag »
Zendikar Rising just came out and Commander Legends spoiler season has yet to begin and apparently there is some leaked info about Kaldheim floating around somewhere. This is completely ridiculous. Jumpstart ain't even that old and no one talks about it anymore.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Antwort #13 am: Oktober 20, 2020, 12:40:21 Vormittag »
If it wasn't for the leaks, we would have had a whole month between Zendikar Rising release and beginning of Commander Legends spoilers.

A whole month! Crazy!

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Antwort #14 am: Oktober 20, 2020, 03:17:22 Nachmittag »
A Pirate called Malcolm? Sign me up. I'll build a deck for any legend with a name like a middle aged Time Share salesman and knitwear enthusiast.