deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Current cEDH meta  (Read 450 times)

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Current cEDH meta
« on: October 18, 2020, 06:36:20 pm »
Normally I don't care too much about this, but I'm absolutely thrilled at the results of the Okoberfest tournament that was played through Cockatrice. I kinda regret not joining in now. There were 118 participants and more importantly, there was a wide variety of decks instead of a homogenized meta. Here are the top finishers:

Top 4:
Kinnan, Bonder Prodigy (first place)
Godo, Bandit Warlord
Heliod, Sun-Crowned
Kaalia of the Vast

Remaining top 13:
Grenzo, Dungeon Warden
Kenrith, the Returned King
Kess, Dissident Mage
Korvold, Fae-Cursed King
Sisay, Weatherlight Captain
Taigam, Ojutai Master
Tayam, Luminous Enigma
Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder
Yisan, the Wanderer Bard

I never would have thought that decks like Taigam and Grenzo would place so high, and even less likely is seeing Godo, Heliod, and Kaalia all in the top 4. Especially Kaalia, I really need to find out what the build for her was. It's really nice to see that not everything is just Oracle+Consultation or Tymna farm decks. The banning of Flash did way more to diversify the meta than I initially thought. There is a healthy mix of storm decks, adaptive decks, and stax decks, among others. cEDH is in a good spot right now.

More info on this event:
https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveEDH/comments/jd694g/okoberfest_oktoberfest_2020_cedh_posttourney/

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
Re: Current cEDH meta
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 07:02:49 pm »
Maybe once all this over and we can, you know, go outside, I'll look into cEDH. I have no idea if it's popular enough near me to warrant getting a deck, and don't know if proxies are welcome.

Maybe it's what I needed all along. ???