deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: A General Rule question  (Leído 461 veces)

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
A General Rule question
« en: Octubre 16, 2020, 05:40:39 pm »
This is baffling me baffling me because I don't get it. Watching random you tube stuff on magic I thought I would watch one of the casual competitive games. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7_IRjiEoKQ. Around 17:43 Nexus of Fate is cast and is countered by Red Elemental Blast. However there is a Rest In Peace out on the field and the one who plays Nexus of Fate says he gets to choose which replacement effect he wants from Nexus of Fate and Rest in Peace. How is this so? In my mind Nexus of Fate goes off first, priority passes to Rest in Peace and then that goes off making it last. Shouldn't Nexus of Fate be exiled from Rest in Peace because of priority?
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: A General Rule question
« Respuesta #1 en: Octubre 16, 2020, 05:46:08 pm »
You're thinking of a triggered effect. If Nexus if Fate said "When this card is put into your graveyard from anywhere, shuffle it into your library" (just like how it is with Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre) then you would be correct. Rest in Peace would exile it, so the effect would never trigger. Instead, Nexus of Fate is also a replacement effect, so the controller gets to choose where it goes.

The same is true if you have a Wheel of Sun and Moon with a Rest in Peace out. You can choose to send the cards to exile, or bottom of library.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
Re: A General Rule question
« Respuesta #2 en: Octubre 16, 2020, 06:14:25 pm »
Thanks Morgantor for that info :) I just read more into the rules about replacement affects and "owner of the object" chooses. It confused me because it didn't use the stack.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me