deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Secret Lair: Extra Life 2020  (Read 1551 times)

Judaspriester

• Decks
Re: Secret Lair: Extra Life 2020
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2020, 12:42:22 pm »
I was reading the posts silently the last few days but I have to ask:
I'm not sure whether I missed it in any of the posts... but was exactly does TWD stand for?  :-\

In this instance, TWD stands for The Walking Dead

oooohhhhh, okay. One could have figured that out by himself.  ::)
One maybe, but you?  :P
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Akira Foxmind

• Patron
  • Always pressing F5 in hope for anything to happen.
  • Decks
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2020, 01:26:09 pm »
I was reading the posts silently the last few days but I have to ask:
I'm not sure whether I missed it in any of the posts... but was exactly does TWD stand for?  :-\

In this instance, TWD stands for The Walking Dead

oooohhhhh, okay. One could have figured that out by himself.  ::)
One maybe, but you?  :P

... absolutely not. And not only because I haven't watched the series. ;)
'Trigger happy little kitten.
---------
Chaos Control!
---------
Far over the misty mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
---------
Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2020, 10:01:20 pm »
The Extra Life fund raiser is something WotC has participated in in the past.  Last year there was a My Little Pony crossover for the Extra Life event.  They were 3 silver-bordered cards.  The cost was $50 (plus shipping)  And $30 went to the charity.

So this Secret Lair sale is roughly the same price as the previous campaign.  With the same amount per purchase going to charity.

I don't see this as a bad deal.

Extra Life is a charity that works with Children's Miracle Network.  This is a group that helps fund Children's Hospitals throughout the country.  My local Children's Hospital is part of this network.

My understanding is that money to this charity gets dispersed throughout Children's Miracle Network.  So this is not solely for the Seattle hospital.  I could be wrong about this piece, but that is the way I've understood all the promotional material.

Even though WotC has really turned me off on Secret Lairs with The Walking Dead, I find this one to be for a worthwhile cause and I feel I'm getting quite the value in Magic cards for that donation. I am considering purchasing this Secret Lair. [/size][size=78%] [/size]
Happy Brewing!
:)

PickleLover

• Decks
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2020, 04:01:12 am »
yay someone who finally agrees with me lol
– PickleLover

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2020, 04:30:08 am »
I absolutely do not think that this SL is bad whatsoever. I also don't think that this SL was placed at a certain time to relieve pressure from the TWD SL. I do think, on the other hand, that the TWD SL was probably released at the time it was because of the timing of this one.