deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Infect  (Read 2909 times)

twotontimmy

• papuer, edh
  • Decks
Re: Infect
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2020, 02:43:02 am »
yea i do appreciate the feedback it has been valuable in the case for analyzing the case for infect as a strategy. 

The points are valid. However, last I checked, if your board is the target of all the spot removal in 4 player pods, which all cases I've seen of that have been a concentrated effort from all players, it's incredibly back breaking for most decks. It would be kind of a waste to remove reyhan or the infect creature in my opinion, and people simply focus on killing ishai, which I know is going to happen, so I try to play around it. I've been target. Hence why some are suggesting more protection. That's just been my experience with it. Take it for what it's worth.

I would like to add some good backup strategies to it, since that seems to be the what is being alluded to. I've thought of using atraxa and some repeatable proliferate engines. I would want to keep the wipes because that keeps the board clear for stacking up the infect points.

Really though, I know that most people consider atraxa infect the gold standard of how good infect can do, but I really didn't want to make the same atraxa deck everyone else was running and found this strategy interesting instead. It seemed to be a slightly new angle on the idea and have found it rather successful. Thought it would be interesting to share on the subject. Obviously this isn't a deck a review thread, so I'll be on with my business lol.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 02:50:54 am by twotontimmy »
My decks AND my posts are terrible.

Slyvester12

• Decks
Re: Infect
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2020, 02:03:17 am »
I think most of the discussion about your deck started because we were talking about whether infect was a good strategy in EDH, and you mentioned that your infect deck was "nearly undefeated". After that, we wanted to know what the deck was that could consistently win with infect and what meta it was in. Seeing the deck list, your group seems pretty removal-light and slow to finish games. Neither of those are necessarily a bad thing, but it does qualify the competitiveness of the deck.

The point being, infect is a pretty weak strategy in EDH and I wish there were more infect creatures.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.