deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Commander Legends Spoilers  (Read 10245 times)

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
Re: Commander Legends Spoilers
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2020, 02:32:18 am »
Marble Diamond reprint has been spoiled (and so it's 99% that the rest of the cycle will also receive a reprint), as has Vial Smasher the Fierce and Xenagos, God of Revels, both in the etched frames.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2020, 01:55:54 pm »
I'll just go ahead and post updates on the important reprinted cards and a few of the most notable new cards while the spoiler season runs.

Maelstrom Wanderer; Silas Renn, Seeker Adept; Sidar Kondo of Jamuraa; Queen Marchesa; Nekusar, the Mindrazer; Kydele, Chosen of Kruphix; and Ikra Shidiqi, the Usurper have all received the etched frame treatment. Three Visits has also received a reprint at uncommon.

Love the design space, wonder what cEDH is thinking right now. I feel like it could do some really cool stuff there.

Edit: I want to point out it says play, not cast the card, which means it works with fetchlands, too. Also, you can play the cards even if Opposition Agent gets removed. What a powerful card.

Magus of the Order 2GG
Creature - Human Wizard
G, Sacrifice Magus of the Order and another green creature: Search your library for a green creature card, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.

Well, it's not Magus of the Cradle, rip. I was wrong.

Emberwilde Captain 3R
Creature - Djinn Pirate
When ~ enters the battlefield, you become the Monarch.
Whenever you are attacked, if you are the Monarch, ~ deals damage to the attacking opponent equal to the number of cards in their hand.

The 2 pirate partners look interesting (Breeches, like Haldan from earlier this year, allows you to play lands that you exile), but I wonder how much the tribe loses when losing the black Admiral Beckett Brass provides.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 07:01:21 pm by WizardSpartan »

Dumb Luck

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2020, 02:06:00 pm »
Super hyped for the Sidar reprint. He's currently the only card in my Arcades deck that is foiled, so netting a 'regular' version would be so good!

HowlingLotus

• Decks
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2020, 08:00:25 pm »
I absolutely LOVE Krark. The fact that he is thumbless is just incredible design. Such an amazing opportunity for a sweet vorthos deck with Krark and his thumbs.

I'm sure some people would be fine if people include Krark's Other Thumb strictly for flavour reasons and only silver bordered card in the deck.

BUT!!!!

With the DND set next year we might see dice rolling in black bordered and I'm holding out hope that we might see his silver thumb reprinted into black bordered. Even in some sort of supplementary product around the same time, but could also fit into some weird dimension hoping shenanigans in that his thumb somehow ended up in the forgotten realms universe.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 08:02:01 pm by HowlingLotus »
Mainly play Casual Multiplayer and EDH.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2020, 08:44:52 pm »
I absolutely LOVE Krark. The fact that he is thumbless is just incredible design. Such an amazing opportunity for a sweet vorthos deck with Krark and his thumbs.

I'm sure some people would be fine if people include Krark's Other Thumb strictly for flavour reasons and only silver bordered card in the deck.

BUT!!!!

With the DND set next year we might see dice rolling in black bordered and I'm holding out hope that we might see his silver thumb reprinted into black bordered. Even in some sort of supplementary product around the same time, but could also fit into some weird dimension hoping shenanigans in that his thumb somehow ended up in the forgotten realms universe.
I don't think it's even a "might." Dice-rolling, particulary d20s, is the DnD thing. Not making dice a central part of that set would be like making a soccer (football for you non-U.S. people) set but not including anything about a ball or goal.

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2020, 08:56:22 pm »
Inb4 D&D set is mostly dragon tribal with a lot of the party mechanic cards and no dice rolling. Given that D&D itself is moving toward a more story-centric approach with the 5e development and away from the dice-heavy days of 3.5e, it would be pretty funny if the set never even mentioned dice.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Cosmic_Insight

• praise Sylveon for upvotes
  • Decks
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2020, 09:38:54 pm »
To be fair, the D&D premade adventure books contain fun, abusable stuff, including those juicy stat blocks that all DMs crave. At least 80% of the strongest stuff in 5e isn't from the three core books, and the best stat blocks (Tiamat, Tromokratis, Rak Tulkesh, Sul Khatesh, Tarrasque, Marut, etc) are fun to threaten players with.
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. owo

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2020, 09:42:54 pm »
Some of the new stuff looks good but nothing has really grabbed me so far (but I'm strictly looking at it as what would fit in my current decks and what legends would excite me to build), but I'm loving the Three Visit reprint and the finish of the Battlebond land cycle.
This space for rent.

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2020, 09:53:21 pm »
To be fair, the D&D premade adventure books contain fun, abusable stuff, including those juicy stat blocks that all DMs crave. At least 80% of the strongest stuff in 5e isn't from the three core books, and the best stat blocks (Tiamat, Tromokratis, Rak Tulkesh, Sul Khatesh, Tarrasque, Marut, etc) are fun to threaten players with.

What?

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2020, 10:40:34 pm »
Some of the new stuff looks good but nothing has really grabbed me so far (but I'm strictly looking at it as what would fit in my current decks and what legends would excite me to build), but I'm loving the Three Visit reprint and the finish of the Battlebond land cycle.
Oddly enough, I'm in the same boat. There's plenty of cool cards, but nothing new seems crazy. Opposition Agent seems really, really strong, but it doesn't really fit perfectly into my decks, and including a hatebear just because I'm in the colors is not my MO.

Rebbec, Architect of Ascension + Silas Renn, Seeker Adept maybe? Idk.

The reprints are definitely spicy. Remember that Staff of Domination, Rings of Brighthearth, and Scroll Rack (at mythic) have all been leaked but not officially spoiled yet. Seems like from the little bit we see so far indicates they're not being conservative with reprints.

jlutzxinc

• Decks
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2020, 12:06:43 am »
With a few mana dorks, Aggravated Assault and the new Sphinx of the Second Sun, your phases are a bit out of order but you can now effectively take an extra turn...WITHOUT ENDING YOUR TURN FIRST.   That's so next-level hardcore bad-combo FUN I had to comment on this thread just to say that.  I might have to brew around that exact interaction now, especially if it transpires that it can be done during EVERY postcombat main.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 12:08:35 am by jlutzxinc »

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2020, 12:37:04 am »
For me, Rebbec is a really weird card. One of the most powerful things about artifacts is their synergy. Rebbec completely turns off cards like Clock of Omens, Voltaic Key, or any artifact that targets artifacts, not to mention making it awkward to play spells that target them, too.

I'm not saying you can't work with it. It just feels like a strange design decision.

Cosmic_Insight

• praise Sylveon for upvotes
  • Decks
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2020, 01:37:20 am »
Uhhh... I have a new, very opressive deck with the card Opposition Agent from CMR. Here is a deck (wip, just did part of it, can someone finish it?) that will lose you your play group.

https://deckstats.net/decks/154264/1797022-opposition-agent-wip-you-can-t?lng=en

PS Maralen is the commander
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. owo

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2020, 01:53:28 pm »
Yay! Fyndhorn Elves reprint! I always wondered why WotC neglected that card.

This seems pretty cool, especially when given evasion of some sort (maybe with the new Kitesail Skirmisher?). 5 mana creature for up to 3 extra combat steps? Nice.

Horizon Stone
Artifact
If you would lose unspent mana, that mana becomes colorless instead.

Yurlok of the Burn-Thrash
Legendary Creature - Viashino Shaman
Vigilance
Whenever a player loses unspent mana, they lose that much life.
1, T: Each player adds BRG.

Kodis, Emberclaw Familiar
Legendary Creature - Elemental Lizard
Whenever a commander you control deals combat damage to an opponent, it deals that much damage to each other opponent.
Partner

Kodama of the East Tree
Legendary Creature - Spirit
Reach
Whenever another permanent enters the battlefield under your control, if it wasn't put onto the battlefield with this ability, you may put a permanent card with an equal or lesser converted mana cost from your hand onto the battlefield.
Partner
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 04:48:21 pm by WizardSpartan »

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2020, 09:26:44 pm »
In Wizard's Card Image Gallery - Acidic Slime is shown on the Variants page.  There is an extended art version.  But there is also a regular version.  The collector number of 421 confirms that this is a "variant" card.  But Acidic Slime does not show up on the regular card page.

Anyone know what's up with that?  Seems a little weird to me. (Maybe the answer has been given somewhere and I've missed it.)

P.S.  This question is not because I'm some slimy Acidic Slime groupie (he he, see what I did there).  The "regular" card on the variants page kinda sticks out like a sore thumb.
Happy Brewing!
:)