deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Commander Legends Spoilers  (Read 10233 times)

Varatius

• Decks
Re: Commander Legends Spoilers
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2020, 09:39:40 pm »
Opposition agent makes me happy that I bought 30 noble benefactor for the memes earlier this year they already went up 20¢ and I'm curious what it'll stablize to as its my favorite budget card as most people just assume I'll take advantage of it more than they will but the truth is I only run it in my bank decks or decks that run lots and lots and lots of stax.   It'll definitely se e testing in my muldrotha we all search for me deck with opposition agent as I can recur him with muldrotha

jlutzxinc

• Decks
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2020, 10:12:29 pm »
So Yurlok of the Burn-Thrash has mana burn as a continuous effect?  I guess I'll have to invest in Horizon Stone (or Kruphix, God of Horizons if I have the colors), because I know my playgroup will love that.

EDIT: He also filters one generic into three of different colors, so that's great even independently of the burn.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2020, 01:56:34 pm »
Zur the Enchanter; Ludevic, Necro-Alchemist reprinted with the etched frame, and a Path of Ancestry reprint.

Livio, Oathsworn Knight
Legendary Creature - Human Knight
1W: Choose another target creature. Its controller may have it exiled with a divinity counter on it.
2W, T: Return all creatures with a divinity counter on them from exile to the battlefield under their owner's control.
Partner

Zara, Wind Raider
Legendary Creature - Human Pirate
Flying
Whenever Zara attacks, look at the defending player's hand. You may put a creature card from among those cards onto the battlefield under your control tapped and attacking that player or planeswalker they control. Return that creature to its owner's hand at the beginning of the next end step.

This is one of the wildest cards I've ever seen, ngl.

Archon and Will seem super good, nice to see even more good R/W cards.

Court of Grace
Enchantment
When Court of Grace enters the battlefield, you become the monarch.
At the beginning of your upkeep, create a 1/1 white Spirit creature token with flying. If you're the monarch, create a 4/4 white Angel token creature with flying instead.

Eligeth, Crossroads Augur
Legendary Creature - Sphinx
Flying
If you would look at any number of cards while scrying, draw that many cards instead.
Partner

Laboratory Servant
Creature - Zombie Horror
At the beginning of each end step, draw a card if you've cast a spell from a graveyard or activated an ability of a card in a graveyard this turn.

Wheel of Misfortune
Sorcery
Each player secretly chooses a number. Then reveal those numbers. Wheel of Misfortune deals damage equal to the greatest number chosen to the players that chose it. Then each player who didn't choose the mininum number discards their hand and draw hands.

I honestly just don't understand this card (especially the minimum number part), but I guess translations will do that. I look forward to seeing the official English version of this card.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 08:59:51 pm by WizardSpartan »

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2020, 01:58:52 pm »
Belbe, Corrupted Observer is an interesting card. I may have to play-test it in my Sidisi deck since I personally don't play many spells before combat unless they're going to effect combat. I don't expect it to win a place but you never know.

ETA- Court of Cunning could also be interesting in the deck, though I don't know about only getting one trigger off Sidisi for 10 cards when I'm the Monarch. Perhaps were the deck based more on bringing things out of the GY. There are other cards that do essentially the same thing (Nyx Weaver, Sultai Ascendancy) that don't have the double blue mana symbol which would require reworking the mana base some. Hmm.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 02:06:37 pm by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2020, 04:40:55 pm »
Damn, Eligeth could be a solid commander. Lots of scry effects that are under-costed compared to draw. Not to mention cards that scry AND draw.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2020, 05:02:56 pm »
Rograkh, Son of Rohgahh is my kind of stupid. Favourite card of the set so far for me.

I had a Ben-Ben, Akki Hermit deck for a while and it was the sort of deck that was stupid and dumb, but equally couldn't just be written off and ignored because if you let it do its thing it was quite powerful. Rograkh seems like that to me only with much less downside. Suiting him up with a bunch of equipment seems fun, and the fact that he has partner is amazing so you can add another colour for support. I love it.

Edit to prevent double posting:

Also, I'm loving the Scarab God's new toys in Eligeth and Sphinx of the Second Sun. Those upkeeps will be incredible. Eternalizing a approximately a million things and drawing a million cards. As if that goofy bug head wasn't good enough already. In the mid to late game, even my shitty Scarab God deck will regularly untap with 5 or so Zombies and 8-12 mana. With two beginning phases and drawing instead of scrying, you untap, activate Scarabeus 3 times, Draw 8 and everyone else loses 8, then untap AGAIN, activate 3 more times, draw ANOTHER 11 and drain everyone for ANOTHER 11. It's hideous and I love it.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 05:18:15 pm by CleanBelwas »

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2020, 05:08:46 pm »
Yeah, I figure most OS players that like(d) Kobolds would be a big fan of Rograkh,

Dumb Luck

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2020, 08:47:20 pm »
Probably going to run the Kobold with the Lizard but I wish I could figure out how to run a deck with Toggo at the helm.

Goblin
2R
2/2

When a land enters the battlefield under your control, create an artifact equipment token named “rock”. It has “equipped creature has 1, T: deal 2 damage to target creature or planeswalker. ” and “equip 1”

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2020, 09:18:07 pm »

Also, does Najeela count as a 5-color commander that doesn't need to be 5-color? I certainly think so, but it's not like she's a new card.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 09:21:05 pm by Morganator 2.0 »

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2020, 10:50:34 pm »
Sure, as long as my section labeled "5 color commander that isn't Omnath or goodstuff" counts.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2020, 11:34:44 pm »
Hey WizardSpartan, this isn't quite an auto-staple like Arcane Signet is, but I think it's close enough.

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2020, 11:37:49 pm »
Hey WizardSpartan, this isn't quite an auto-staple like Arcane Signet is, but I think it's close enough.

Based on what I've just seen on twitter, it also counts for my 'new "staple" that people overreact about' too. A lot of salty people being very loud. It's hilarious.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2020, 02:20:47 am »
I've created a new topic to get an idea of what our community thinks without clogging up the spoiler page: https://deckstats.net/forum/index.php/topic,58056.0.html

Yeah, I think, barring price, this could get in the same ballpark as Arcane Signet. I'll update the list tomorrow night with this card, I've already updated for today.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2020, 03:00:55 am »

Wheel of Misfortune
Sorcery
Each player secretly chooses a number. Then reveal those numbers. Wheel of Misfortune deals damage equal to the greatest number chosen to the players that chose it. Then each player who didn't choose the mininum number discards their hand and draw hands.

I honestly just don't understand this card (especially the minimum number part), but I guess translations will do that. I look forward to seeing the official English version of this card.

I missed this the first time around, but I'm pretty sure I know how it works. Let's say the numbers that get revealed are 2, 5, 7, and 10. The person that chose "10" looses 10 life. Then, everybody except the person that chose "2" discards their hand and draws 7 cards.

If the numbers were 2, 2, 10, and 10, then the two players that chose "10" lose 10 life, discard their hand then draws 7, while the two players that chose "2" do nothing.

This means that the best-case scenario is to end up in the middle of the numbers that were chosen.

Akira Foxmind

• Patron
  • Always pressing F5 in hope for anything to happen.
  • Decks
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2020, 06:51:34 am »

Wheel of Misfortune
Sorcery

I missed this the first time around, but I'm pretty sure I know how it works. Let's say the numbers that get revealed are 2, 5, 7, and 10. The person that chose "10" looses 10 life. Then, everybody except the person that chose "2" discards their hand and draws 7 cards.

If the numbers were 2, 2, 10, and 10, then the two players that chose "10" lose 10 life, discard their hand then draws 7, while the two players that chose "2" do nothing.

This means that the best-case scenario is to end up in the middle of the numbers that were chosen.

If you are right, wouldn't the card be shut down by everyone just taking 0 (or whichever is the lowest number possible)? I don't see any incentive to not choose a low number.
If I got that right, in my scenario nothing should happen at all, right? ???
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 06:57:15 am by Akira Foxmind »
'Trigger happy little kitten.
---------
Chaos Control!
---------
Far over the misty mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
---------
Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this.