deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] I Need Help With My Budget Liquimetal Land Destruction Deck  (Read 149 times)

ekans_

• Decks
https://deckstats.net/decks/160540/1794357--3-land-destruction-90-semi-bu´

As I saw many land theft and land destruction decks around here in the past days, I thought to myself: I also want to try that out.

At first I wanted to destroy lands with cards like Ghost Quarter and stop the enemies from searching their libraries with Leonin Arbiter like cards.
But I found it cooler to turn the lands my opponent controls into artifacts with Liquimetal Coating and then kill them with super cheap and efficient removal like Smelt. Then I added ways to untap my Liquimetal to turn multiple lands into artifacts each turn. I thought this deck would maybe be more consistent with more blue stuff for more artifact interaction, but as I wanted to create a budget to semi-budget deck an efficient manabase with fetches and shocks wasn't what I wanted to do as I was already running on Boros colors.
Then I figured that Karn, the Great Creator is just a perfect fit as it tutors Liquimetal Coatings out of my Sideboard and he also solved my problem of not having a real win-condition which we now can just store in our sideboard and get when the time has come.
At first that version was Boros, with my only white cards being Wrath of God and Ghostly Prison for stalling out the game but red also has some semi-board wipes with Pyroclasm and Storm's Wrath and my goal of creating a budget deck has a high priority so I was happy to cut several Euros with a mono-colored manabase.

My remaining questions are:
-Am I safe with 18 land destruction cards? Four of them being Abrade which I can use for creature removal and four being Karn, who can repeatetly destroy lands and is a necessity for my game plan and Shattering Spree is also able to kill multiple lands at once. Should I increase or decrease the number of those cards?

-Are there more efficient ways to stall out the game in red than mass removal like Storm's Wrath or just targeted removal?

-Is there a better alternative to my current win-condition Darksteel Colossus? At first I only wanted to include 23 lands but as I need to get to 11 mana for Darksteel Colossus I now run 24 which I don't like to much, so I am not sure if there is a cheaper game-ending threat for me in my colors.

-My ways to untap Liquimetal Coating only being Voltaic Servant, I feel kind of inefficient in that regard. But I didn't find anything more efficient on Scryfall and Voltaic Key is also only able to untap Coating once per turn and costs me one mana every time. Do you know what I could include instead of Voltaic Servant?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 12:41:56 pm by ekans_ »

MMerryweather

• Clip clop galoplop, I'm a talking horse
  • Decks
The Cloud People know who you are and where you live. Cease your investigations.