deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: What are your Commander hot takes?  (Read 1334 times)

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
Re: What are your Commander hot takes?
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2020, 11:51:59 pm »
My hot takes are that I do what I want. I try to have a plan when playing but normally that gets tossed out the window. I play jank cards that make others go "wtf does that do". I don't care that there is only 1 creature on the battlefield owned by an opponent and that is a Consecrated Sphinx. So what if I drop a Vow of Malice, Vow of Wildness and a Bloodthirsty Blade on the Sphinx. It is your problem to deal with now not mine. Yeah overkill with the enchantments but it is something only I would do. I will play a mana flare not caring that it also helps me opponents as well. I don't do very well with conventional style of playing. You want to win and combo out, then win and combo out. You want to storm out with a deck to win then by means do that to. You want to use lightning bolt to hit something for 3 damage then go right ahead. I just like playing the game and just seeing stuff happen. When I attack I mostly attack first person on my left and work around the table. This doesn't always happen if the person on my left has blockers.

I also agree that people should attack more especially in the early game. You have a 2/2 on the field and I have no creatures then by all means hit me. Incremental damage can be important especially in the later part of the game.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
Re: What are your Commander hot takes?
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2020, 11:57:52 pm »
I can attest to this chip damage idea. I often get wins with combo/control because people ignore me for far too long. Usually I have a deterrent like Propaganda or a bounce spell but that shouldn't hold people back from attacking me. When I'm playing creatures I will definitely smash your face for two if I can. Even if it means I'll trade with something of yours I will still do it. That's how you keep the game from going stale.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/