deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: Need help with my Golgari pauper  (Letto 774 volte)

bigjuicyElephantCleric

• Decks
Need help with my Golgari pauper
« il: Ottobre 31, 2020, 10:52:49 pm »
https://deckstats.net/decks/69199/1750863-bg-delirium

This is the deck, it's finished but I need some help to refine it.

It works around delirium, 4 types of cards in the graveyard, that's why I tried to equalize the spells. 8-7-8, 7-7-9 or similar can also work.

Let's start from the sorceries.

I'm 100% sure of the presence of Commune with the Gods and Unearth, also thought about using them in 3x. Rofellos's Gift I think is really good to take Strange Augmentation from the graveyard, but it needs resources to work, aka green cards, the reason of 2x.
Now Chainer's Edict, it's a good removal that will work in l8 too, but Idk if it should be main or side.

Instants are good, I plan to remove 2x Ghastly Demise for an instantaneous removal from the side if needed.
Grapple with the Past it's probably the main card of the deck, it can enable delirium and let me draw a land/creature from the graveyard. Not using Grisly Salvage for this reason, also BG could give me troubles with mana.

On enchantments, Strange Augmentation is the second main card of the deck, giving a 'huge' buff to a creature, but Dead Weight idk if is good in 4x.

Creatures are probably the most in need of tweaks.

4x Nimble Mongoose are fine, can give a good t1, can't use the enchant on them tho.
Moldgraf Scavenger can block aggros as 0/4 then fight back as 3/4. Using only 3, wondering if 4 could work too.
Gurmag Angler can stay min 2x but 4x is too much, so went 3x.
First-Sphere Gargantua is just there to let me draw a card and remove/dmg something in l8, 2x should be fine.
Excavation Mole, this card is another activator for delirium, not really strong tho, keeping it for trample+enchant. Also, if it goes down, I can use unearth on him anyway, but not sure about the 4x, also Gorging Vulture or Wailing Ghoul could replace it.

The sideboard should be fine, Skola Grovedancer could be really strong and be used as enchant, -2 Dead Weight, but with Gorging Vulture in main is meh.

Other interesting cards are Exhume, Hooting Mandrills, Mindwrack Harpy, Satyr Wayfinder.

If anyone could help me with my doubts, I would appreaciate it a lot.

bigjuicyElephantCleric

• Decks
Re: Need help with my Golgari pauper
« Risposta #1 il: Agosto 03, 2021, 12:07:52 pm »
fuc u control

Treasure

• Decks
« Risposta #2 il: Agosto 04, 2021, 10:56:03 am »
imho correct your mana base: remove all swamps and put instead of them 4 Mortuary Mire and 2 Bojuka Bog, remove all Evolution Wild and put 4 Golgary Rot Farm (they will work together with Jungle Hollow and cards i adviced. Instead of forests put Khalni Garden.

bigjuicyElephantCleric

• Decks
« Risposta #3 il: Agosto 04, 2021, 07:15:44 pm »
Not sure, it will make everything A LOT slow, but maybe 2 Mortuary Mire and 1 Bojuka Bog could work out. About Golgary Rot Farm , I've never had mana problems, even while running Evolving Wilds, but If I add Mortuary Mire and Bojuka Bog, 2 Golgary Rot Farm should be enough for the bounce thing, it's just very situational.
I think Khalni Garden doesn't have much value on my deck, I could use Strange Augmentation or Rancor on it, but I dont play much around them, still not sure to keep 2 Rancor or 2 Vessel of Nascency.

Anyway, you're right about lands, I can play with just 3/4 of them, but in late game I just put lands without any value whatsoever... That is a problem I've noticed even recently against Izzet Skred , cancer of a deck, also I'm not sure if I should use 3 Grapple with the Paste or 4.

Treasure

• Decks
« Risposta #4 il: Agosto 04, 2021, 07:50:45 pm »
you think   right way. all i adviced are just variants and they have to be tested. also i agree that that it will make the deck slow. maybe combo base swamps + witch's cottege and forests+gingerbread house? what d'you think?

bigjuicyElephantCleric

• Decks
« Risposta #5 il: Agosto 04, 2021, 09:48:43 pm »
For now I'll try with 3 Jungle Hollow , 2 Evolving Wilds , 1 Bojuka Bog, 2 Mortuary Mire and 2 Golgari Rot Farm.

Witch's Cottage can replace Bojuka Bog, in theory both 1 in late game should work, but with just 5 swamp I'm not too confident, and for Gingerbread Cabin, I don't like it that much, I could bounce it to create more food tokens, but if I need some lifegain Gnaw to the Bone or something like Weather the Storm, or even Healer of the Glade are prob better.

Anyway thanks for the help, I'll spend a bit more time tinkering with my lands now on.

Treasure

• Decks
« Risposta #6 il: Agosto 05, 2021, 05:25:01 pm »
try to understand my logic. it's only my preferencies and my experience.i think, it's better when the land make mana+smth else in the game rather than the single card (which you have to play) makes the same. it makes some open space in the deck which you can use with another cards. i mean you may put more cards in this way)
and i like the idea of BG mimic best of all in black theme
anyway good luck! i'll be waiting for your new decks

bigjuicyElephantCleric

• Decks
« Risposta #7 il: Dicembre 05, 2021, 11:26:30 am »
ongoing full rework, still working on it