deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Commander Legends: deck updates and new decks  (Read 2217 times)

Dumb Luck

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
Re: Commander Legends: deck updates and new decks
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2020, 12:22:38 am »
the new Swords to Plowshares art

I'm not a fan of the new art.  To me it looks like a guy swinging a golf club.
Happy Brewing!
:)

Marshstepper78

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2020, 01:42:20 am »
I personally love that they chose that specific artwork for a Swords to Plowshares reprint.

HowlingLotus

• Decks
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2020, 01:46:02 am »
Charix, the Raging Isle gets Commander's Plate

My day, now ruined, when I realize this only makes it a 3/20 and not a 4/20.

/s

Mainly play Casual Multiplayer and EDH.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2020, 01:56:48 pm »
I don't know what I will totally brew but I did pre-order a box so I will see where it goes. However there are some interesting partner ideas I am thinking of.

Like for instance Reyhan, Last of the Abzan with Slurrk, All-Ingesting. Prava of the Steel Legion with Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel with a token theme or use Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel and Madier's Nightblade in my Grismold deck.

I really want to have fun trying to use this Kamahl, Heart of Krosa but the mana cost is intensive.

If I get this Akroma, Vision of Ixidor granted again mana cost intensive but it will go into my Kathril, Aspect Warper deck.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2020, 01:02:10 pm »
Pew.. there are, at least  for me, alot of cards that really look interesting. But on the other hand, I feel like I have enough decks right now, because of corona I only very rarely get a chance to play and no new commander(s) feel interesting enough to slaughter another deck.
For now, I think I will order only a few cards that seem interesting for my existing decks and then wait a little until the dust has settled.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

GamerAwsome101

• Decks
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2020, 01:59:11 am »
Nobody going to talk about maren and opposition agent? It's super broken you can draw it turn 1 or 2 and play it then or if you dont play maren turn 3 and tutor it turn 4 play it and protect it run stuff like reanimate to get it back if they kill it but remember this you get to search their libraries once a turn and get any card you want and they dont draw bc maren prevents it so you get to lock them out of cards AND they lose 3 life every turn also run everything like that black planeswalker from war of the spark that deals damage when they get low on cards and you can run stuff like a waste land to blow up their lands its mono black Tempo but OP af
i like platypuses

Cosmic_Insight

• praise Sylveon for upvotes
  • Decks
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2020, 02:13:34 am »
Maralen of the Mornsong combined with Opposition Agent plus Ob Nixilis Unshackled creates an unfair playing environment. Put those cards, plus some discarding synergy (Tinybones, Trinket Thief, and Thoughtsieze) along with removal and recursion in a deck with too many lands and you can win easily. In fact, turn 1 Jeweled Lotus, sacrafice it to cast Maralen, put down a swamp, cast dark ritual, and cast opposition agent. Land destruction (if available in black) would also be an optimal choice.
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. owo

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2020, 02:28:39 am »
Nobody going to talk about maren and opposition agent? It's super broken you can draw it turn 1 or 2 and play it then or if you dont play maren turn 3 and tutor it turn 4 play it and protect it run stuff like reanimate to get it back if they kill it but remember this you get to search their libraries once a turn and get any card you want and they dont draw bc maren prevents it so you get to lock them out of cards AND they lose 3 life every turn also run everything like that black planeswalker from war of the spark that deals damage when they get low on cards and you can run stuff like a waste land to blow up their lands its mono black Tempo but OP af
Maralen of the Mornsong combined with Opposition Agent plus Ob Nixilis Unshackled creates an unfair playing environment. Put those cards, plus some discarding synergy (Tinybones, Trinket Thief, and Thoughtsieze) along with removal and recursion in a deck with too many lands and you can win easily. In fact, turn 1 Jeweled Lotus, sacrafice it to cast Maralen, put down a swamp, cast dark ritual, and cast opposition agent. Land destruction (if available in black) would also be an optimal choice.
For casual EDH, who cares? Nobody will want to play with you, and it will get boring quick when your entire gameplan is play Maralen, play Agent, maniacally laugh. There's a whole list of "busted" combos and one-sided gameplans, but do you see constant discussion about the newest broken thing?
I (think) it really just isn't our thing here.

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2020, 03:53:09 am »
Not to mention it would be really easy to beat such a linear gameplan. Yeah, you might stomp everyone the first time, but no one would let you do that consistently.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

HowlingLotus

• Decks
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2020, 12:05:35 pm »
Maybe I'm just not in a deck building mood, but beyond Krark + Sakashima coin flip value town..... there aren't too many new commanders I'm interested in. That or I feel they're too obvious, but I also dislike the notion that using an obvious general or partner duo somehow takes away from the deck you make.

- Ardenn + Rograkh could be fun in a casual setting and throw in that new lizard to try and put the hurt on everyone.
- Still don't have a zombie deck in any form of how my group plays, so Nevinyrral could be an option.
- Yurlok could be fun too with a high risk strategy. Krosan Grip on your own Upwelling after filling everyones pool and casting an X spell for example.

Otherwise I see some potential for upgrades. We'll see, though, as it might change once I draft a box with some friends and actually have some of the cards.

*Edit*
I guess pairing Sakashima with a lot of partners is neat as you can really do a bunch with a clone theme that ignores legendary rule. Like having multiple vial smashers out with some damage multipliers and cast an X spell for first spell of turn, etc.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 07:21:45 pm by HowlingLotus »
Mainly play Casual Multiplayer and EDH.

jlutzxinc

• Decks
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2020, 10:15:27 pm »
There are probably some shenanigans available with Sakashima's ONE-SIDED Mirror Gallery alone, but I haven't brewed yet so I haven't found them.