English-language Forums > Off-Topic

What Other Games do we Play

(1/5) > >>

WizardSpartan:
I'm kinda curious what non-Magic games we are playing right now, so tell me! They can be video games, other card games (I will judge if you play Yu-Gi-Ew or Suckémon, so be aware), or even board games.

ApothecaryGeist:
Right now, it's just me and my wife at home.  We're not getting together with people for gaming.  Taking Covid precautions is a lot of extra work.  So there isn't much time for gaming for the two of us right now.

BUT ...

... Once we are on the other side of this pandemic, most likely due to widespread vaccinations, we are planning to host a "We've had our shots Game Day". 

My mother-in-law likes to play Mexican Train dominoes.  So we'll have that going on.
My dad likes to play card games like Uno, Hearts, and Shanghai.  We will probably also have some Rage and Clubs going on.
My nephew like board games.  So we will likely have Khet and/or Ticket to Ride going.
There may also be one or two versions of Fluxx going on.
And, of course, most of my friends like to play Magic.  So if there's enough of us, we'll likely get in some Commander.

WizardSpartan:

--- Quote from: WizardSpartan on November 10, 2020, 07:50:58 pm ---They can be video games, other card games (I will judge if you play Yu-Gi-Ew or Suckémon, so be aware), or even board games.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: ApothecaryGeist on November 10, 2020, 09:54:47 pm ---Right now, it's just me and my wife at home.  We're not getting together with people for gaming.  Taking Covid precautions is a lot of extra work.  So there isn't much time for gaming for the two of us right now.

--- End quote ---
I'm guessing you aren't interested in video games? The way you worded that makes it seem like all of the types of games I mentioned wouldn't be a good idea in a Covid world (except of course for the games you listed your immediate family would be playing), but video games are obviously built to negate the problems Covid pose.

ApothecaryGeist:

--- Quote from: WizardSpartan on November 10, 2020, 10:29:56 pm ---I'm guessing you aren't interested in video games? The way you worded that makes it seem like all of the types of games I mentioned wouldn't be a good idea in a Covid world (except of course for the games you listed your immediate family would be playing), but video games are obviously built to negate the problems Covid pose.

--- End quote ---

They are quite decent options.  This is just my personal situation.  I'm not big into video gaming.  I have always preferred a more personal interaction.  I have an Xbox 360.  Still have a Wii.  But, as I mentioned, not much time for that currently.

Looking forward to when I can get together with family and friends for gaming again.

Aetherium Slinky:
I play a lot of sandbox. I play Minecraft, Cities: Skylines, Kerbal Space Program. Used to play a bit of Skyrim (like thousands of hours, modded to Oblivion) and Old School Runescape but haven't played those in a while. I really like Magic, it's one of my main hobbies. I like thinking about cards, interactions and such. My other main hobby is Legos. Haven't had much time to build lately but I will definitely spread that stuff all over the floor given the chance. I like collecting Star Wars Legos in particular.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version