deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Time to Break the Standard Meta (Massacre Wurm Golgari Control) - Comments  (Read 466 times)

Comment Bot

Time to Break the Standard Meta (Massacre Wurm Golgari Control)

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Potato Chop

• Jank is Dank
  • Decks

Hyracul

• Decks
Re: Time to Break the Standard Meta (Massacre Wurm Golgari Control) - Comments
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 08:53:20 am »
The deck looks pretty stout to me, reliable, and easy to drive into combo direction.
I don't know the current meta well, but doesn't Arasta of the Endless Web belong more to the sideboard? I'd of course keep playing that in the 60s on a best-of-one match though.

bobbybob28

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 09:08:07 am »
Its a 3/5 body, and if most of the aggro decks in the format try to remove it it'll still leave behind a blocker. Seems pretty good for the early game imo

Akira Foxmind

• Patron
  • Always pressing F5 in hope for anything to happen.
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 09:21:06 am »
Its a 3/5 body, and if most of the aggro decks in the format try to remove it it'll still leave behind a blocker. Seems pretty good for the early game imo

Very good explanation.
Also it's a pretty nice card against Petty Theft // Brazen Borrower - which seems to be a part of every blue containing deck - because one tiny token can trade with it.
'Trigger happy little kitten.
---------
Chaos Control!
---------
Far over the misty mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
---------
Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this.

jigsaw

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 05:35:33 am »
Massacre girl would go well in this

jigsaw

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2020, 05:40:15 am »
Damn covid got me all kinds of time warped

Potato Chop

• Jank is Dank
  • Decks
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2020, 06:56:00 am »
@Jigsaw You are right on both those accounts! Even though she's not standard legal anymore, it's still cool to imagine the havoc she would wreak! ;D
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 07:06:33 am by Potato Chop »

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2020, 12:19:08 am »
Your deck was selected as our deckstats.net deck of the week this week. Congratulations!

Potato Chop

• Jank is Dank
  • Decks
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2020, 12:57:28 am »
Your deck was selected as our deckstats.net deck of the week this week. Congratulations!

Thanks heaps!

GoliathIII

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2020, 10:58:12 am »
I've looked at this deck a couple times now - it really makes me wanna play it! Looks so good!
Have you played it though? Have you thought about adding some removal like Assassin's Trophy?
He was born of the Mirari, thrust out of his homeland before he was even aware. Left without purpose or meaning, he found both in the pits.

Potato Chop

• Jank is Dank
  • Decks
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2020, 12:55:50 am »
I've looked at this deck a couple times now - it really makes me wanna play it! Looks so good!
Have you played it though? Have you thought about adding some removal like Assassin's Trophy?

Thanks for the compliment! Glad you like it.
Currently, I am grinding Wildcards in MTGA so I can craft this deck (10 rare and 2 mythic to go!) So no, unfortunately I have not been able to play it yet. I have thought about adding removal like Assassin's Trophy and it's a good idea, but the deck's got to be Standard legal, so unfortunately that specific card can't go in. However, in later refinements I might find some of the slots more useful for cards such as Heartless Act and straight-up Murder, but for now I'm hoping that inscription of Ruin and Murderous Rider should be enough. Thanks for the suggestion!

Akira Foxmind

• Patron
  • Always pressing F5 in hope for anything to happen.
  • Decks
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2020, 01:38:25 pm »

Thanks for the compliment! Glad you like it.
Currently, I am grinding Wildcards in MTGA so I can craft this deck (10 rare and 2 mythic to go!) So no, unfortunately I have not been able to play it yet. I have thought about adding removal like Assassin's Trophy and it's a good idea, but the deck's got to be Standard legal, so unfortunately that specific card can't go in. However, in later refinements I might find some of the slots more useful for cards such as Heartless Act and straight-up Murder, but for now I'm hoping that inscription of Ruin and Murderous Rider should be enough. Thanks for the suggestion!

There are currently 9 potential removal spells in the list (Inscription of Abundance, Inscription of Ruin and Murderous Rider // Swift End - 3 of each). I think that should be enough for now.  ;)

Edit:
Not to mention 4x Massacre Wurm and 3x Kaervek, the Spiteful which both can be considered removal for smaller creatures.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 01:41:09 pm by Akira Foxmind »
'Trigger happy little kitten.
---------
Chaos Control!
---------
Far over the misty mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
---------
Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this.

Potato Chop

• Jank is Dank
  • Decks
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2020, 11:16:02 pm »
There are currently 9 potential removal spells in the list (Inscription of Abundance, Inscription of Ruin and Murderous Rider // Swift End - 3 of each). I think that should be enough for now.  ;)

Edit:
Not to mention 4x Massacre Wurm and 3x Kaervek, the Spiteful which both can be considered removal for smaller creatures.

Oh, I had forgotten about Inscription of Abundance's fight mode! Thanks for that one. ;D