deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: What partner decks are you planning to build?  (Read 814 times)

STARBREAKER111

• Decks
What partner decks are you planning to build?
« on: November 20, 2020, 05:09:08 pm »
As commander legends was officially released today, what new partner combinations are you planning on building (or have already built)?

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
Re: What partner decks are you planning to build?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 05:25:14 pm »
I was just going to ask this question, wow. I personally haven't found anything yet, but I get the feeling there's some combos I'll want to build.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 10:13:40 pm »
I actually got online to ask this question myself. I like Tormod, the Desecrator but I really don't see a partner that really plays well off of him. Oh well.
This space for rent.

Akira Foxmind

• Patron
  • Always pressing F5 in hope for anything to happen.
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2020, 10:20:58 pm »
I somehow like mono R with Rograkh, Son of Rohgahh and Kediss, Emberclaw Familiar. I don't think I'll actually build this one (especially since I don't like playing partners) but it would be my favorite for the new sets partners.

With those two I want to see Fury Storm escalate with a mere Titan's Strength. ;)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 10:23:46 pm by Akira Foxmind »
'Trigger happy little kitten.
---------
Chaos Control!
---------
Far over the misty mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
---------
Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this.

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2020, 10:48:38 pm »
I actually got online to ask this question myself. I like Tormod, the Desecrator but I really don't see a partner that really plays well off of him. Oh well.

I'm telling you, a Tormod and Glacian wheels deck has potential. Once I have more free time, I'm planning on building one.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2020, 10:56:55 pm »

I'm telling you, a Tormod and Glacian wheels deck has potential. Once I have more free time, I'm planning on building one.
But Tormod only triggers on cards leaving your graveyard, not entering. What's the synergy?

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2020, 11:16:50 pm »

But Tormod only triggers on cards leaving your graveyard, not entering. What's the synergy?
Glacian fills the yard, then a reshuffle effect like Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre triggers on entering the yard, and everything gets taken out of the grave for a ton of tokens. Just keep wheeling till you have an army.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2020, 11:28:16 pm »
Glacian fills the yard, then a reshuffle effect like Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre triggers on entering the yard, and everything gets taken out of the grave for a ton of tokens.

*One token

Even if your entire graveyard gets reshuffled, Tormod gives one token. Not one per card.

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2020, 12:10:53 am »
Glacian fills the yard, then a reshuffle effect like Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre triggers on entering the yard, and everything gets taken out of the grave for a ton of tokens.

*One token

Even if your entire graveyard gets reshuffled, Tormod gives one token. Not one per card.

NOOOOOOOO.
Damn it. That's what I get for glancing at the spoilers then getting busy. Alright, I give up, Tormod's buns.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2020, 08:43:49 am »
Pssst, Mesmeric Orb + Aphetto Alchemist / Seeker of Skybreak / Basalt Monolith + Eldrazi shuffler for some infinite tokens.

Glacian would still serve as a colour giver to Aphetto Alchemist and enables some artifact tutors.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2020, 08:44:49 am »
One partner thing I'm in the process of putting together is Kamahl, heart of Krosa with Ishai, Ojutai Dragonspeaker.

Kamahl, Fist of Krosa is one of my favourite legends in all of magic, and the new Kamahl does a pretty good impression, but also lets me play bant so I can include Noyan Dar, Roil Shaper as a secret commander. Make and elemental land army, +1/+1 counter sub theme (looking at you evolution sage). Good, clean, janky fun.