deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Harmless Offering  (Read 663 times)

ekans_

• Decks

BelleBottom

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Harmless Offering
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 08:12:03 pm »
I kind of love this idea and hate that I didn't think of something similar first

TheLivingPast

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2020, 10:30:12 am »
What do you think about adding Demonic Pact to your deck? It could be a decent fit and another potential wincon.

ekans_

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2020, 10:44:47 am »
What do you think about adding Demonic Pact to your deck? It could be a decent fit and another potential wincon.

It actually was in a early version of the deck. I think it's a pretty cool interaction to first get the three triggers and then gift it to the opponent, but he also gets three turns with great benefits before I win. So it's a three turn clock for him but it also greatly assists him at winning in that time and I don't like that risk. He could also just have ways to bounce it but that's kind of unlikely. Dross Harvster and Akroan Horse may be slower, but are just safer, so I didn't include Demonic Pact. But I will think about maybe including it.

Thanks for you suggestion ;D

Oops I wrote nonsense. I looked it up on Scryfall and when I choose the first modes of Demonic Pact the opponent is only able to choose the remaining one. I will definetily include it!

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 11:03:14 am by ekans_ »

Akira Foxmind

• Patron
  • Always pressing F5 in hope for anything to happen.
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2020, 10:55:18 am »
I ran a similar deck some time ago, so I think I might give some input.

I assume you are aware that bazaar trader can permanently give you control of creatures you steal with stuff like claim the firstborn, right? Against creature based decks this mostly is a lethal combo.
Another fun card to give your opponent is Immortal Coil. In combination with Shred Memory (which fortunately can also transmute into trader ;)), it can be an instant win sometimes. The rest of the time it is gives you some carddraw.

Another synergy I liked to use was Abyssal Persecutor in combination with Fling / Thud or similiar effects (you sac Persecutor => you CAN win the game again and shoot damage in your opponents face - ideally after an attack). To support that and as removal I had some copies of Auger Spree  which would make Persecutor a 10/2 and with that lethal when attacking plus sacing for damage.

I hope you got some inspiration from this. If you needed/wanted it, that is.  ::)
'Trigger happy little kitten.
---------
Chaos Control!
---------
Far over the misty mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
---------
Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this.

ekans_

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2020, 11:02:27 am »
I assume you are aware that bazaar trader can permanently give you control of creatures you steal with stuff like claim the firstborn, right? Against creature based decks this mostly is a lethal combo.

Sorry for having to ask, but I am not quite understanding the combo. Thanks for the other suggestions, I will think about them ;D

Akira Foxmind

• Patron
  • Always pressing F5 in hope for anything to happen.
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2020, 11:04:38 am »

Sorry for having to ask, but I am not quite understanding the combo. Thanks for the other suggestions, I will think about them ;D

You take control of target creature your opponent controls with - for example - claim the firstborn. Then you activate Bazaar Trader to permanently give yourself the control of that creature. And that's it.  :D
The important part is that 'target player' gets control of the creature you (currently) control.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 11:06:48 am by Akira Foxmind »
'Trigger happy little kitten.
---------
Chaos Control!
---------
Far over the misty mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
---------
Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this.

ekans_

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2020, 11:05:53 am »

You take control of target creature your opponent controls with - for example - claim the firstborn. Then you activate Bazaar Trader to give yourself permanently the control of that creature. And that's it.  :D

Ohhhhhh I see. That's pretty neat!