deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Rocks and Trash (Toggo, Goblin Weaponsmith & Thrasios, Triton Hero / Landfall)  (Read 199 times)

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
Toggo, Goblin Weaponsmith & Thrasios, Triton Hero.

Toggo make rock. Toggo throw rock. Toggo happy.

I'm aiming to puts lots of lands into play and benefit from that. I have loads of ramp, plently of removal but I'm lacking in the draw department. I would like to see some solutions to card advantage, especially spells that draw lots of cards at once so that I can take full advantage my additional land drops. This deck plays a lot of fetches, Ancient Greenwarden, Ramunap Excavator and Crucible of Worlds to play them from the graveyard. We close the game with a big splashy timmy spells like Omnath, Locus of Rage or Avenger of Zendikar. No tutors (except maybe Goblin Engineer that finds Crucible of Worlds), I'm trying to avoid Rhystic Study because it's annoying and keep the land count high. I've searched Scryfall for all combinations of "number", "each" and "all" "artifacts" and "lands" so I've got a pretty good idea of all the synergy draws (there aren't many) so I may have to tap into more generic draw spells. Help me get some more cards!

https://deckstats.net/decks/93006/1839571-rocks-and-trash?lng=en
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 02:00:49 pm by MustaKotka »
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
Draw: Nissa, Vital Force, Tireless Tracker (even more artifact synergies), Horn of Greed, Courser of Kruphix (kind of), Omnath, Locus of the Roil. Scroll Rack isn't card advantage, per se, but it does stack your deck Thrasios activations.

If you are running Crucible of Worlds effects and don't mind a land tutor, Elvish Reclaimer might be nice.

I also find your lack of some really, really good removal like Decimate, Reality Shift, or Nature's Claim interesting. Krark-Clan Shaman is kind of a board clear, yeah, but it's a 1 time thing (he kills himself) and you could lose a lot of rocks in the process. Gemrazer is also super sus. I may just not be seeing it, but why are you playing a 3 CMC, sorcery speed Naturalize? I don't really see any other Mutate payoffs, so is making Toggo into a 4/4 really worth paying extra mana and losing the ability to play your removal at instant speed? Broken Bond, while also sorcery speed, at least gets you another rock and doesn't cost 3 mana, if you want a piece of synergistic removal.

In term of landfall triggers, Tunneling Geopede could be cool, turning all your fetches into a shock to each opponent's face, but I don't see anything else super crazy that is missing. Reckless Fireweaver is nice for damage with rocks, but not a landfall trigger.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 02:53:16 pm by WizardSpartan »

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
Draw: Nissa, Vital Force, Tireless Tracker (even more artifact synergies), Horn of Greed, Courser of Kruphix (kind of), Omnath, Locus of the Roil. Scroll Rack isn't card advantage, per se, but it does stack your deck Thrasios activations.

If you are running Crucible of Worlds effects and don't mind a land tutor, Elvish Reclaimer might be nice.

I also find your lack of really, really good removal like Decimate, Reality Shift, or Nature's Claim. Krark-Clan Shaman is kind of a board clear, yeah, but it's a 1 time thing (he kills himself) and you could lose a lot of rocks in the process. Gemrazer is also super sus. I may just not be seeing it, but why are you playing a 3 CMC, sorcery speed Naturalize? I don't really see any other Mutate payoffs, so is making Toggo into a 4/4 really worth paying extra mana and losing the ability to play your removal at instant speed? Broken Bond, while also sorcery speed, at least gets you another rock and doesn't cost 3 mana, if you want a piece of synergistic removal.

In term of landfall triggers, Tunneling Geopede could be cool, turning all your fetches into a shock to each opponent's face, but I don't see anything else super crazy that is missing. Reckless Fireweaver is nice for damage with rocks, but not a landfall trigger.
Added Nissa, Horn, Courser. Replaced Gemrazer with Nature's Claim. I don't remember why it was there. Removed KC Shaman.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/