deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Deck page updates, new *cheapest* prices and some bugfixes  (Read 2880 times)

Nils

• Decks
Deck page updates, new *cheapest* prices and some bugfixes
« on: December 08, 2020, 08:03:01 pm »
I have just published a small update to our deck pages!

The main change you will notice is that deck information on the Overview tab has been updated a bit: Most importantly, the deck price shown on there is now the cheapest price - ie. the price for buying the cheapest tournament legal printing of each card. Previously this price was based on the prices of the exact printings used in the deck, which meant that the price could vary dramatically depending on which version of a card the author was using. If you would like to see the old prices, they are still available on the Details tab.

And speaking of the Details tab: the Sideboard, Maybeboard and Tokens are now shown below the main deck on there, and include the same columns as the main deck.

In addition to this I have also made several smaller improvements and bugfixes: sorting by type in the deckbuilder now groups the types together in a more sensible way (eg. Basic Lands together with Lands), your setting for the default deck grouping is now applied correctly, and I have removed an error message that could appear when you saved a new revision after deleting a previous draft.

As usual, please let me know if you notice anything that's not working right or could be improved. In particular, if you notice any issues with the new deck prices, please post examples here.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 08:05:44 pm by Nils »

jlutzxinc

• Decks
Re: Deck page updates, new *cheapest* prices and some bugfixes
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 08:13:19 pm »
All of this is great news.  Do you know how to change which version is selected by default?  I've manually changed numerous cards because more expensive printings were set as default for weeks.

EDIT: By which I mean I've reduced summary prices by literally HUNDREDS of dollars doing so; it's not a small thing.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 08:19:12 pm by jlutzxinc »

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 08:18:23 pm »
All of this is great news.  Do you know how to change which version is selected by default?  I've manually changed numerous cards because more expensive printings were set as default for weeks.
Can you elaborate a bit on what you'd like to do?

The printing that's shown when you don't select a set is always the most recent non-promo one. In most cases that will also be the cheapest one, but if it isn't we will now consider the cheapest printing when calculating the total deck price.

jlutzxinc

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 08:20:56 pm »
Can you elaborate a bit on what you'd like to do?

The printing that's shown when you don't select a set is always the most recent non-promo one. In most cases that will also be the cheapest one, but if it isn't we will now consider the cheapest printing when calculating the total deck price.

Oh, that is what I wanted to do.  The summary price was regularly showing as $100 or more over the actual best price and that was very frustrating.  I'm glad you've improved that function.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2020, 08:24:05 pm »
Great! Please let me know if you still notice any prices that are noticeably off.

Pook

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2020, 08:50:24 pm »
There seems to be an issue when attempting to manage collections (at least for me). If I attempt to, I get an error that i attached.  Anyone else having this issue?

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2020, 08:56:39 pm »
Good catch. Should be fixed now, please let me know if you're still having trouble with it.

Pook

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2020, 09:05:41 pm »
Good catch. Should be fixed now, please let me know if you're still having trouble with it.

Works fine for me now.  Thank you for that quick fix!

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2020, 09:59:06 pm »
https://deckstats.net/decks/93006/1407793-fifty-ways-to-leave-your-lover#show__stats

Some fetches are still showing more expensive versions. Polluted Delta, for example, is around 15€-16€ from cardmarket and the details tab is showing almost 30€.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2020, 11:05:57 pm »
The prices shown on the Details tab are still the old "exact" prices. When you hover over the price for Polluted Delta you should see that its cheapest price is coming up as 17.36 EUR. That's also why the price shown on the Overview tab is "from 313 EUR" but then on the Details tab the total is almost 400 EUR. I hope that clears things up?

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2020, 12:00:32 am »
The prices shown on the Details tab are still the old "exact" prices. When you hover over the price for Polluted Delta you should see that its cheapest price is coming up as 17.36 EUR. That's also why the price shown on the Overview tab is "from 313 EUR" but then on the Details tab the total is almost 400 EUR. I hope that clears things up?
Oh I see. That was a bit difficult to find. It does clear things up but my general impression now is that it's a little confusing that there are multiple different prices. I don't know how to improve the situation.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/