deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Wanted to share the MAGIC of Sisay, so very under-rated  (Read 650 times)

MekLeN

• Decks
Wanted to share the MAGIC of Sisay, so very under-rated
« on: December 13, 2020, 02:09:43 am »
https://deckstats.net/decks/24097/1851483-the-captain-sisay?lng=en
(if this is rude, to just link, I'll gladly post the list here please just tell me so)

This deck plays against some of the quickest, meanest, toughest decks around - and more often than not dominates.

I want to simply place this here, so you can see the JEWEL that Sisay is (without even mentioning the banned EDH list, as I like playing legit).

This is the Tech deck of Tool boxes, a work of over a decade.
ENJOY!

Oh, and may I say, 80%+ of this is SOLID, but each different group and meta requires different responses - so certainly this is a core suggestion.

jlutzxinc

• Decks
Re: Wanted to share the MAGIC of Sisay, so very under-rated
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 02:39:39 am »
You've spent a decade making this?  That takes some serious dedication.  I'm not entirely convinced that this is the best possible Deck, but underrated it might well be.

Are you aware that there are a number of Decks in your folder that you've never finished, including what appear to be several duplicates?  Are you going to update any of those, or was this too much of a pet project?

EDIT: I'll add that creating subfolders would be very helpful as you certainly have numerous Decks headed by the same Commanders...especially Captain Sisay here.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 02:46:10 am by jlutzxinc »

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 07:06:16 am »
Are you sure Sisay's underrated? Paradox Sisay was a tier 1 competitive deck until the Paradox Engine ban.

Speaking of which, you might want to look up Paradox Sisay for some ideas. You might not play cEDH, but there are some cards in your deck that could probably be swapped for something better. For example, Rath's Edge and all of the rebel cards could definitely be replaced for better cards.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2020, 05:16:27 pm »
If you have a lot of experience with a Commander and are confident in your list, I suggest making a primer. Post it here, and the mods will work with you to get the stamp of approval as the official primer for Captain Sisay.

In terms of my take on your list, I just want to ask a couple things:
Otherwise, your list looks very cool!

jlutzxinc

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2020, 06:36:43 pm »
@WizardSpartan: Those are the same two qualms I had.  There were a few other cards I didn't know existed and therefore wouldn't have picked.

@MekLeN: You inspired me to try creating my own version.  It's completely terrible, but does at least have basically all of the cards @WizardSpartan suggested even though I made it before seeing that reply.

If you truly do have a decade of experience, you absolutely should make a Primer, so that everyone can "share the MAGIC" of Captain Sisay.