deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Mishra, Artificer Prodigy PRIMER  (Read 1691 times)

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: Mishra, Artificer Prodigy PRIMER
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 11:42:41 am »
The first thing that comes to mind, and maybe I missed it in the card exclusion section, is what about Padeem, Consul of Innovation? I've seen it a few times in other similar builds (though I will say yours looks much more efficient). I've also seen Emry, Lurker of the Loch in other builds, why not here?
This space for rent.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: Mishra, Artificer Prodigy PRIMER
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 01:33:50 pm »
The first thing that comes to mind, and maybe I missed it in the card exclusion section, is what about Padeem, Consul of Innovation?

Padeem is someone I should add to the notable exclusions. I'm not using her for a few reasons. First off, we can discount her draw ability right away. It's not very good card draw (storm decks need good card draw) and I'm not likely to get the draw every turn, as most of the artifacts are mana value 2 or less. Her protection ability is pretty good for preventing Bolas's Citadel or Aetherflux Reservoir from getting removed, but Possibility Storm is the real target for removal. If ever the Citadel + Top combo becomes more common with this deck I'll consider adding Padeem as protection.

I've also seen Emry, Lurker of the Loch in other builds, why not here?

I've considered Emry, but I've held back for two reasons. First reason, flipping into her with Possibility Storm is a feel bad. When I cast a creature, I'm hoping to get either mana ramp (Foundry Inspector, Silver Myr) or card draw (Vedalken Archmage). Emry is neither. Second reason, while she is recurssion, she doesn't help me bring back Possibility Storm. I think this will be another card where if I ever decide to focus on Citadel+Top I'll try to include her.