deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Kaldheim Spoilers  (Read 11683 times)

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: Kaldheim Spoilers
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2021, 11:04:49 pm »
Huge spoiler drop today, as I'm sure many of you have noticed. And Vorinclex has been confirmed.

Cosmic_Insight

• praise Sylveon for upvotes
  • Decks
« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2021, 11:11:19 pm »
Wizards finally acknowledged that Tibalt is a god. He got a DFC card, with one side being the black DFC god and the other being a 7 cmc tibalt.

"You thought it was Valki, God of Lies, but it was me, Tibalt!"

There is a cycle of 5 mythics with the foretell mechanic, and they will have special showcase versions.
Plenty of other exciting things, including Alrund, God of the Cosmos // Hakka, Whispering Raven, which is pretty much STorm CRow as a commander. Snow stuff looks interesting, and as previously mentioned, the Boast mechanic looks promising.
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. owo

jlutzxinc

• Decks
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2021, 11:15:18 pm »
Vorinclex has been confirmed.
Oh.  Their.  (Lack of a) God.  We didn't need this at ALL.
Plenty of other exciting things, including Alrund, God of the Cosmos // Hakka, Whispering Raven, which is pretty much STorm CRow as a commander.
You KNOW I'm brewing this.  STORM CROW.DEK; BEST DECK EVAR.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 11:19:46 pm by jlutzxinc »

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2021, 11:32:19 pm »
This pretty much sums it up. From the mechanics article we'd apparently find out that it indeed must be declared as an attacker. This also rules out Sneak Attack.
Wait, why wouldn't Sneak Attack work?
Couldn't you use Sneak Attack to put Varragoth and grant haste before attack declaration and then declare an attack?

Since Sneak Attack just lets you cheat any creature on the battlefield with haste. you can of course simply do that in your first main phase and then regulary declare him as attacker.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

jlutzxinc

• Decks
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2021, 11:34:15 pm »
That's exactly what I said.

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2021, 12:42:40 am »
That frame with the frozen snow effect is gorgeous.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2021, 01:12:10 am »
Wait, why wouldn't Sneak Attack work?  You could put it down before combat and declare an attack on the same turn.
Oh, it would. You're right, I must be mixing it up with another card somehow. Thank you for pointing that out!
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2021, 01:34:07 am »
Reflections of Littjara is also cool for Kumena potentially. I don't think he's the best abuser of it, but it might be good?

Cosmic_Insight

• Decks
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2021, 02:56:31 am »
Hmmmm..... lets think about what tribe Reflections of Littjara would fit into best. Dragons and SLivers, being two of the strongest WUBRG tribes, would love this card, but I think a Wizards tribal deck based on etbs would be interesting. I guess any degenerate wall tribal deck with Arcades, the Strategist could also find some use, and if anyone runs a Gisa and Geralf, Stitcher Geralf, or The Scarab God zombie tribal, it might be nice. I really don't know because playing with only one tribe always seems...limiting. (Except for dragon tribal, it's kind of appealing to play lots of flying death lizards.)

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2021, 10:44:58 am »

Glaciate
2G
Snow Enchantment - Aura

Enchant land

Enchanted land becomes a Snow Land and when enchanted land is tapped for mana, its controller adds an additional mana of any color.

Cosmic_Insight

• Decks
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2021, 03:57:15 pm »
Just found this. Uhhh, Wizards, what's going on?

Goldspan Dragon (mythic) - 3RR

Creature-Dragon
Flying, Haste
Whenever Goldspan Dragon attacks or becomes the target of a spell, create a Treasure token.
Treasures you control have, Tap and sacrifice this artifact: add TWO mana of any one color.
4/4

I think I just found a new card for dragon tribal. Great attack trigger, value when removed, and seems rather strong. Even a 4/4 with flying and haste seems ok, and the extra just seems...extra. WOW

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2021, 04:17:08 pm »
Just found this. Uhhh, Wizards, what's going on?

Goldspan Dragon (mythic) - 3RR

Creature-Dragon
Flying, Haste
Whenever Goldspan Dragon attacks or becomes the target of a spell, create a Treasure token.
Treasures you control have, Tap and sacrifice this artifact: add TWO mana of any one color.
4/4

I think I just found a new card for dragon tribal. Great attack trigger, value when removed, and seems rather strong. Even a 4/4 with flying and haste seems ok, and the extra just seems...extra. WOW
Why write out the card when it's image is already in the post above yours?
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Cosmic_Insight

• Decks
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2021, 05:35:19 pm »
??? If it was there, then somehow I can't see it. But Tyvar Kell was spoiled, and he's a beast.

Tyvar Kell 2GG
Legendary Planeswalker - Tyvar
Elves you control have [Tap] : add

+1 Put a +1/+1 counter on up to one target elf. Untap it. It gains deathtouch until end of turn.
0  Create a 1/1 green Elf Warrior creature token
-6  You get an emblem with, "Whenever you cast an Elf spell, it gains haste until end of turn and you draw two cards."

Starting Loyalty: 3

His passive makes your elves into Elves of Deep Shadow, any GOLGARI elfball player will find a way to abuse his ult. So Lathril may become one of the best elfball comanders available due to this guy.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2021, 06:00:32 pm »
I saw Tyvar Kell and was immediately disappointed because he has a Golgari color identity.

Then, I see the 3 other abilities and get even sadder.

+1 Untap a big dork: Extremely good ability on an Elf-themed planeswalker. I don't even care about the +1/+1 or deathtouch. The untap is all I need.

0: Make a token: Solid ability if there's not anything to untap yet, powers up future big dorks.

-6: ... ... Let's be real here. In an Elf deck, this is very close to "Create an emblem with 'Win the game'". Literally took 2 of the biggest weaknesses of elves (not being able to swing on the turn they are played & running out of cards) and removed them. What's even sadder is Ezuri would have been perfect for him, as it's really easy to protect a planeswalker by chumping and regenerating your blocking elves.

The potential...

jlutzxinc

• Decks
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2021, 06:05:27 pm »
Wow, they really want Lathril to be better than Ezuri, huh?  Good thing we don't have Leovold or you could run both Ezuris AND Lathril in the same Deck (not that anyone would use Leovold for that, LOL).