English-language Forums > Primers

[[Primer]] - Sliver Overlord, The Godfather (cEDH)

(1/5) > >>

MrPonzi:
Hello guys, I'm here since I would like to submit my primer!
Currently this is the Sliver Tribal list with the highest number of stars.
Would love to see it in the primer list! <3

https://deckstats.net/decks/122386/1199660--primer-sliver-overlord-the-go/en#show_description

Rinzler:
Hey, this is a nice primer!  Some recommendations I have for now is to touch up on the spelling and grammar a bit, make a list of the cards in the deck, with a reason for each inclusion, and a section on cards you decided not to put in, and the reasons for those.

MrPonzi:
I'm Sorry for the grammar, if you can tell me the errors I can correct them ASAP.

Most of my card inclusion / exclusion are in the change log, since the deck evolvere many times. Do you think It would be better ti have a dedicated section for those?

Morganator 2.0:
I've sent you a private message going over all of the spelling and grammar mistakes. I figure it would be better to go over it there.

After that, you're absolutely going to want a single card discussion section. You'll find one in all of the official primers. That section is where you explain why you are including each card, and why you have chosen to exclude others. It's more organized than a changelog. You don't have to go over every single card (I usually ignore most lands) but it's important to go over some key cards. Some things that I would like to know (and that I think you should include in the single card discussion):

* When casting Patriarch’s Bidding, how often do you have a grave full of slivers? Do the games go on for a long time, or is there some other factor here?
* If Toxic Deluge has worked well for you, have you also tried Fire Covenant?
* How useful are Striking Sliver, Venom Sliver, and Sentinel Sliver? These seem like the weakest of the slivers you’re packing.
* Be sure to include how you work around Dormant Sliver’s downside. It won’t be obvious to all readers.
* What are your targets with Worldly Tutor and Eladamri’s Call? Can’t Sliver Overlord just get all the same things?
* Other notable exclusions to talk about: All of the slivers that provide P/T buffs, Cavern of Souls, Coat of Arms, Constricting Sliver, Crypt Sliver, Diffusion Sliver, Kindred Discovery, Kindred Summons, Morophon, the Boundless, Root Sliver, Shared Animosity, and Sliver Hive.
Lastly, there are a few things that I would like you to go over, and incorporate into the primer if possible. You don't need to include all of these in the core of the primer if you don't think it's relevant.

* What does a good starting hand look like?
* In the intro you said that you are often the first target in your pod. What kind of decks are you going up against? Because if you’re always the one getting targeted, it could just be a power discrepancy. It might also be useful to go over what your good/bad matchups are, but that's fully optional.
* I would like a bit more of an explanation for why you’re using Sliver Overlord as opposed to The First Sliver or Sliver Queen as the commander. Have you tried using these as a commander? And if so, how did they play differently that made you want to use Overlord instead?
* In the section for “Finding the right tool when needed” would you be able to include some examples of which cards you would grab for a given circumstance? For example: how do you know when you should grab Crystalline Sliver as opposed to Sliver Hivelord? Are there any slivers that you grab for a given matchup?
* What turn does Sliver Overlord typically come out? At about what turn are you able to combo off? Besides the combo cards themselves, what prior setup do you need to have before you can combo?
* How often do you win using combat damage versus a combo? Also, which of the combo cards are typically dead cards?
* How often do your opponents gain control of Sliver Overlord and then steal all of your slivers?
* It seems like you have very few draw spells. Do you go into top-deck mode a lot, or is this just not an issue?

MrPonzi:
Hi Morganator,

thanks for all your suggestion, I'll do my best to add the missing sections and fix the grammar you've pointed out on your pm.
I'll use also your suggestion in order to explain some exclusions and some strategies as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version