deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Session aktualisieren button and then try again.

Autor Thema: [[Primer]] - Sliver Overlord, The Godfather (cEDH)  (Gelesen 9841 mal)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: [[Primer]] - Sliver Overlord, The Godfather (cEDH)
« Antwort #15 am: Februar 10, 2021, 08:23:08 Nachmittag »
Love the primer! I have a Sliver deck but it's built more for the casual side than the cEDH side. That being said it does include the Mana Echoes combo lines and now that I have recently acquired an Emiel the Blessed (cost me a Cyclonic Rift foil but it's worth it), I plan on including it in the deck along with Dockside Extortionist. I've loved the thought of this combo since Emiel was spoiled and I realized it was a thing, this is the perfect deck for that combo since there's other uses of Emiel as well.

It may be a lot of work but a breakdown of every Sliver and it's usefulness versus non usefulness in the deck could be interesting to add. You do that to a certain degree in your inclusion/exclusion section but adding that could take this primer to the next level.

eta- Wow just looked, can't believe it's been over 5 months since I updated my list. The deck has changed quite a bit since then as I'm constantly tinkering with it with different packages to give it different feels.

eta2- what are your thoughts on Realmwalker for the deck? I'm a bit torn on it.
« Letzte Änderung: Februar 10, 2021, 08:31:17 Nachmittag von WWolfe »
This space for rent.

MrPonzi

• Decks
« Antwort #16 am: Februar 11, 2021, 07:56:07 Nachmittag »
Love the primer! I have a Sliver deck but it's built more for the casual side than the cEDH side. That being said it does include the Mana Echoes combo lines and now that I have recently acquired an Emiel the Blessed (cost me a Cyclonic Rift foil but it's worth it), I plan on including it in the deck along with Dockside Extortionist. I've loved the thought of this combo since Emiel was spoiled and I realized it was a thing, this is the perfect deck for that combo since there's other uses of Emiel as well.

It may be a lot of work but a breakdown of every Sliver and it's usefulness versus non usefulness in the deck could be interesting to add. You do that to a certain degree in your inclusion/exclusion section but adding that could take this primer to the next level.

eta- Wow just looked, can't believe it's been over 5 months since I updated my list. The deck has changed quite a bit since then as I'm constantly tinkering with it with different packages to give it different feels.

eta2- what are your thoughts on Realmwalker for the deck? I'm a bit torn on it.
Hi WWolfe! And thanks!

I hope my primer could help slivers players in general, not only competitive ones. Emiel lines are really powerful since Sliver Overlord is a great infinite mana outlet.
Regarding the "all slivers" analysis, it's a huge effort, and at the moment I prefer interaction with the community. Which means, if someone asks for a sliver which is not included in the "exclusions" section, I'll answer that question and add it in the primer.

Realmwalker might be good, but I just feel it's not needed.
In general, if were into Emiel + Dockside, we don't need it, we just need our commander. If we're into Intruder Alarm + Haste Sliver + Dork Sliver, and we can start the loop, our commander is just enough, we don't need it.
Including Realmwalker feels like I have to cut something more relevant from the list.

Tell me what you think about it ;)

PS: I'm gonna add Realmwalker to the primer exclusions.
Slivers don't learn. They just know.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Antwort #17 am: Februar 13, 2021, 02:17:23 Nachmittag »
Yea, see that's where I am with it. It's one of those cards that looks like it would be good for the deck (and I probably will test play it at some point) but I just don't see it sticking. Like you I feel like I'd be cutting something that fits better to add it.

This space for rent.

MrPonzi

• Decks
« Antwort #18 am: Mai 16, 2021, 12:16:46 Vormittag »
So I'm honestly considering Maskwood Nexus.

With that on the battlefield, Sliver Overlord can tutor for the combo on its own: First one will be Dockside Extortionist, so treasures can be used for tutoring or directly for the combo. Second one will be Emiel The Blessed.

What do you think?

MrPonzi

• Decks
« Antwort #19 am: Mai 16, 2021, 11:20:46 Vormittag »
I've created a Discord server for the Sliver tribe. If anyone want to join, the link is here!

https://discord.gg/YK72CtgfJJ

MrPonzi

• Decks
« Antwort #20 am: Mai 21, 2021, 02:41:08 Nachmittag »
Updated decklist and primer with the addition of The World Tree and Maskwood Nexus.

Loaded Shaman

• Muscle Mage
  • Decks
« Antwort #21 am: Juli 14, 2021, 06:21:59 Vormittag »
Neat Sliver deck, OP!

Do you actually play with this one?

MrPonzi

• Decks
« Antwort #22 am: August 31, 2021, 10:26:54 Vormittag »
What do you mean if I do play with it?

This is my current paper deck, so yeah, I do play with it!  ;D

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Antwort #23 am: Mai 07, 2023, 06:52:29 Nachmittag »
New slivers incoming! New legendary gives encore to slivers in your graveyard. Curious what any other new ones will be.
This space for rent.