deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: JormUGandr, the World Serpent (EDH)  (Read 600 times)

ComingUpCway84

• Decks
JormUGandr, the World Serpent (EDH)
« on: January 11, 2021, 01:28:16 pm »
Koma might be my favourite Beefy Big Beater design ever, so I had to try and build something around him as soon as possible.

For the most part, this deck functions like any other UG Ramp/Value shell, but Koma let's us make use of some cards that normally wouldn't go anywhere near this kind of deck. Serpent of Yawning Depths makes all our snakey boys able to freely swing in, while Helm of the Host and it's buds give us ways to double down on our serpentine schemes!

This deck is absolutely a work in progress, and not as powerful as just throwing Tatyova or Aesi in the Zone. What it is is insanely fun and stupidly great when you flood out the board with coils. Any and all suggestions are much appreciated, and would highly recommend giving it a go!

https://deckstats.net/decks/13738/1887223-jormugandr-the-world-serpent

Marshstepper78

• Decks
Re: JormUGandr, the World Serpent (EDH)
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 04:55:10 pm »
Have you considered Paradox Haze? An additional upkeep means an extra coil. I'd also consider the original Sakashima. ANything that allows you to copy your Commander while ignoring the legendary rule seems pretty good.

ComingUpCway84

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 05:00:28 pm »
I hadn't actually considered haze! Might be a little too narrow (the other commander synergies have at least got a low floor of copying another powerful creature, while haze only works with my commander and only gives me one extra coil per turn cycle in most scenarios). OG Sakashima should definitely be in here though, will think of smth to cut.

roadrunner

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 06:43:34 pm »
do you know nordic history

roadrunner

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2021, 06:45:01 pm »
cause i love the idea of jormungand, the world serpent in mtg maybe they could add him in kaldheim

roadrunner

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2021, 06:45:46 pm »
and yes Sakashima could be a good add for the deck

ComingUpCway84

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2021, 06:46:09 pm »
Not super in-depth, but enough to get Koma's reference, and to be uncomfortable about him being Tibalt's son in the historical canon lmao

ComingUpCway84

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2021, 06:47:29 pm »
Koma is actually mean to be referencing Jormungandr, like sarulf is representing fenrir!

Marshstepper78

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2021, 10:48:25 pm »
I don't know how all-in on the coil tokens you want to go, but I'm sure Koma would be even better if you could create tons of the tokens to tap stuff down and make sure no one can get rid of him. Doubling Season, Second Harvest and Parallel Lives would be useful, especially if your token-creating creatures remain in the deck's final list.

Whelming Wave and Slinn Voda, the Rising Deep work well because they're asymmetrical board wipes in your deck.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 01:00:31 am by Marshstepper78 »