deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Tibalts Trickery Modern, Help wanted  (Read 619 times)

STARBREAKER111

• Decks
Tibalts Trickery Modern, Help wanted
« on: January 14, 2021, 10:20:15 pm »
So the idea behind this deck is to cast a spell with cascade and as there are no spells with less CMC than it other than tiblalt's trickery, automatically cast it for free and taget the spell with cascade, counter it, and cast a free eldrazi titan or omniscience and win the game. It can consistantly do this by turn 2/3 depending on who starts but it will lose to any countermagic/teferi/trinisphere. Does anybody have any ideas on how to overcome these challenges?

https://deckstats.net/decks/148202/1892872-tybalts-trickery-modern

Thanks in advance

lordshooter20

• Decks
Re: Tibalts Trickery Modern, Help wanted
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 10:37:14 pm »
Bedevil might be a good option for the sideboard. It won't mess up the trickery cascade combo and nabs pesky creatures, artifacts, and planeswalkers

STARBREAKER111

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 11:14:55 pm »
I have maelstrom pulse in the sideboard for that and even that is risky as trickery can hit it instead of eldrazi.

MitchDeBaas

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 08:38:57 am »
I've seen This video! This is fk unstoppable!

STARBREAKER111

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 02:03:21 pm »
I've seen This video! This is fk unstoppable!

I would beg to disagree, Itoo saw the video and it shows a t1 Emrukul, but in playing the deck for 10 games I have gotten that exactly once, and you can easily stop the combo with litterally any counter spell, the deck in the video is too random and unpredictable and you can just as easily end up with a 2/2 monkey for all your hard work.

DoubleBubble

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2021, 07:58:28 pm »
I too have seen *the video*, and I think we will have to wait to see the deck in tournaments before deciding if it is a good deck or not. But for now, we can safely assume it is very, very, very fun.
Im that type of guy who will (sometimes) beat your tier one modern deck on turn 1 with my homebrew combo deck. Check out my modern combo decks to find out how! : )