deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Pirate's Treasure Trove  (Read 513 times)

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
Pirate's Treasure Trove
« on: January 16, 2021, 05:57:20 pm »
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

jlutzxinc

• Decks
Re: Pirate's Treasure Trove
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 02:51:46 am »
This looks great and Treasure is essentially ramp, so you're right about not needing another form.

Your Deck doesn't have much removal (at least not that I can see); is that ever a concern?

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 01:55:51 pm »
This looks great and Treasure is essentially ramp, so you're right about not needing another form.

Your Deck doesn't have much removal (at least not that I can see); is that ever a concern?

The deck is made for a simplistic story line. Pirates looking for treasure and going off into the sunset.  We have our captain Malcolm, Keen-Eyed Navigator and 2nd in command Akiri, Line-Slinger and they've all ready have landed on an island. They are digging all over the island looking for this treasure. The digging comes from all the wheels we have in the deck. The attacking of pirates is to attack what natives are on the island. The pirates find a treasure here and there on the island but nothing major. The biggest find of course is mechanized production and when they get this they do leave with said treasure into the sunset. There is a dragon on the island that will take all the treasure and fly off with all of it as well. So there is only 2 ways for the story to end is gaining all the treasure or the dragon who gains it all. Granted I could have a ship and a treasure map added to this story as well,

Granted I could have added a ship and a treasure map to this deck to tell more in depth of the story but again I kept it simple and it really is supposed to be fun trying to get immersed into said story.

jlutzxinc

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 02:52:36 am »
Oh, I didn't realize that you cared more about telling a story than winning the game.  Kindly ignore everything else I'll ever write because I'm usually even more dense than this.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2021, 03:25:18 pm »
Oh, I didn't realize that you cared more about telling a story than winning the game.  Kindly ignore everything else I'll ever write because I'm usually even more dense than this.

LOL no you aren't dense. That is usually my playstyle that you are correct on. My main goal isn't normally aiming to win it is about making the deck simple and fun. If someone likes a deck I post and wants to add other stuff to it and call it their own I say go for it. One could add more counter spells, more ramp, different creatures and so on. However I will revise this deck into a more winning strategy :)

robort

• Patron
  • Decks

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2021, 03:30:32 pm »

GoliathIII

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2021, 03:52:18 pm »
Ok, I've read your argument against the need for more ramp, but...
Goldspan Dragon? :P
He was born of the Mirari, thrust out of his homeland before he was even aware. Left without purpose or meaning, he found both in the pits.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2021, 04:23:20 pm »
Ok, I've read your argument against the need for more ramp, but...
Goldspan Dragon? :P

I like it because it gets haste but more importantly the treasures get 2 mana instead of 1 so thank you. To expand on the treasures is I am trying to keep it in a theme. Pirates digging for treasure and with enough they'll win. 26 Pirates looking for treasure, while digging (drawing and wheels) looking for treasure (tokens), and Mechanized Production or Hellkite Tyrant to win.  Admittingly there could be more things added but keeping it themed as possible is my goal.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2021, 03:13:24 pm »
Goldspan Dragon has been added :) To much value not to add...