deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Possible format idea : Tiny Partners  (Read 986 times)

Firegriff

• Decks
Possible format idea : Tiny Partners
« on: January 24, 2021, 08:29:51 pm »
So I had an idea for an EDH format variation, and thought I'd seek feedback on the idea. I call it Tiny Partners.

The premise is simple: choose any two Legendary Creatures any rarity, under 3 CMC, to serve as your Commanders.  They are considered to have partner with each other and only each other for the sake of the format.  The other 98 cards in the deck will be singleton (other than basic lands, wastes and snow covered basic lands.  The other 98 cards are also limited to common and uncommon rarity and must stay within the color identities of the Commanders.

Rinzler

• Decks
Re: Possible format idea : Tiny Partners
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 08:31:05 pm »
To make it more fun, could we say that only one has to be legendary, and the other can be any creature, like its sidekick?  If this was to be implemented maybe the second would have to be uncommon or lower to prevent power combos.  I think this could be fun!

terminalgeek

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 04:21:04 pm »
My counter proposal: Thick Partners, you can only use partners that are over four CMC. 

Shredwick

• EDH
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2021, 06:56:24 pm »
so to clarify, CMC 3 or less? or 2 or less?
A single victory is all I need.

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 12:50:25 am »
Three or less.  The one and two CMC Commanders are highly limited.

Acaciastrain666

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2021, 02:44:30 am »
I had a similar idea based somewhat on the "lieutenant" ability. I thought it would be cool to choose an uncommon as a lieutenant that is an uncommon creature and you can play it any time your commander is already out but it starts with a tax of 2 colorless off the bat maybe to keep it balanced. Then i thought it would be cool to do a pauper EDH where u choose an uncommon as a commander and it just works like normal. Syr konrad would probably dominate in that format though.