deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Commander Chaos  (Read 294 times)

brianmpenn

• Decks
Commander Chaos
« on: January 26, 2021, 05:41:09 pm »
Commander Chaos

Untuned draft.  Just looking for feedback.  The intent is to disrupt, confuse and destroy.

Let me know what you think is good, what is bad, or if it's just not worthwhile.

krichaiushii

• Decks
Re: Commander Chaos
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 03:45:29 am »
From experience, the Chain cards and their ilk REALLY depend on the other players.  If your group is likely to return the favor, run them.  If not, find out spells.

Ajani's Mantra and Ajani's Welcome are kind of lackluster in this deck.  Loxodon Warhammer is a decent replacement for one of them.

Ruhan needs to hit hard and fast for that tasty commander damage win.  Equipment may be the best way.

I see Aggravated Assault and Confusion in the Ranks in your maybe board.  Both are excellent cards, though different strategies.  AA would be a better option than Breath of Fury for extra attacks.  Confusion in the Ranks draws fire in an amazing fashion, but there is a risk you'll lose any viable wincon to it (though you may gain some as well). 

Hive Mind can be a potent chaos-bringer, especially if you cast one of the Pacts (like Pact of the Titan) with HM in play, forcing everyone to pay the cost or lose. Eye of the Storm is another chaos-bringer, but often turns into the decks running lots of instants taking over.

I see Zur's Weirding and want to warn you that opponents will gang up to ensure you never see a decent card again; depending on when you play it, it may be mana that you never get again.  Possibility Storm is almost a given in a chaos deck, but know that there are some players who will scoop in the face of it.

Good luck with the deck.