deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Feature Request: Multiple Card Tags / Categories  (Read 589 times)

fido

• Decks
Feature Request: Multiple Card Tags / Categories
« on: January 29, 2021, 03:59:49 pm »
I've been attempting to explore this a bit and maybe it already exists, I just haven't figured it out.

When building EDH decks, I like to assign cards into multiple tags in terms of what they do.  IE this card: draws, creates removal I'd tag it in two columns so I could see "ah my deck has _ draw conditions, _ removal conditions".

A card might satisfy more than one condition thus I'd add it into multiple columns.

Is there a way to visually depict this within deckstats? Thus far when I've tried adding a card to sub sections it just adds another card to the deck (putting it over limit).

Appreciate any feedback or how others may have handled this in the past!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 02:48:37 pm by Nils »

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: Feature Request: Multiple Tags
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 08:36:55 pm »
What you can do is add a second copy of the card to the deck, but add it to a different category. This will mess up all kinds of other things though, like your probabilities and graphs.

What you can also do is add comments to cards. Something simple like "is also mana ramp".

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 12:11:40 am »
At the moment this is not possible unfortunately. As Morganotor points out the best solution would be to use the comment feature to add additional information about the card.

It is something I'd like to add support for at some point though, so please stay tuned.

Pcud

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2021, 05:04:42 pm »
I would like the second this request. I've been wanting a way to do this for years and I'm just now speaking up about it. I bet a lot of users would appreciate this functionality.

llamadude

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2021, 05:10:01 am »
+1

Nils

• Decks
Re: Feature Request: Multiple Card Tags / Categories
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2021, 02:51:08 pm »
Note to self: This would also help with this request about categorising cards in the maybe board: https://deckstats.net/forum/index.php/topic,60882.0.html

xeroshifter

• Decks
Re: Feature Request: Multiple Card Tags / Categories
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2021, 10:51:22 pm »
Depending on how your back end is set up, you might be able to just integrate the tags thing into the current card comments. Like if someone put "#[Category Name]" in the notes for the card then the next time the deck got analyzed or saved it could show up ghosted out in the relevant category name. It isn't a perfect solution, and undoubtedly you'll have different ideas about how to get it done based upon your knowledge of the website, but if this gives you any inspiration for how to get it done, then I'll be happy. Also I just wanted to say thanks for being on top of this stuff. I know that it cant be easy to always be adding new features and managing the website, but we appreciate it!