deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Snow Elf Barrage (KHM Only)  (Read 299 times)

tredoggg

• Decks
[Standard] Snow Elf Barrage (KHM Only)
« on: February 02, 2021, 02:55:48 am »
Snow Elf Barrage (KHM Only)

Hi there! Just tried out a deck for KHM and wanted to get some feedback. I"m news so any tips will be super helpful.
Trying to make sure I have enough control with poison the cup, binding the old gods, and blizzard brawl.

Also wasn't sure if dream devourer is best or Valki, or something else. Wanted to add a strong black card.

dakkaknight

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Snow Elf Barrage (KHM Only)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 05:36:05 am »
Haunting Voyage seems like a great card for a deck built around Elves, but its really not as good as it seems at first glance. You need to Foretell it, then spend 7 mana to get the big payoff. You're not always going to get to seven mana in a game, and you won't necessarily have a stack of dead elves to take advantage of when you do. Its a great come from behind story, but its wasted if you're doing well. While its not wrong to have a card like that, you should check how often you are in a situation where you want it.

Elvish Warmaster and Canopy Tactician are both strong plays that lean hard into the Elf strengths of numbers and mana ramp. I'd consider these to be the core of the deck, giving you the classic "elfball" (snowballing with more and more elves) package. Harald is good, but he doesn't do much to increase your game plan. Consider running fewer copies of the legendary that you can't play extra copies of, and more of the Warmaster so you can have several tokens each turn.