deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: 𝗣𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗻𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗻 𝗼𝗽𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 (Thantis, the Warweaver)  (Read 1453 times)

Cosmic_Insight

• praise Sylveon for upvotes
  • Decks
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. owo

GoliathIII

• Decks
I love how brutal this could potentially turn out either way
He was born of the Mirari, thrust out of his homeland before he was even aware. Left without purpose or meaning, he found both in the pits.

ejmnej

• Decks

Rishaal

• Decks

Cosmic_Insight

• Decks
The original goal of the deck was to create some fun, random chaos. My playgroup doesn't like forced sacrifice effects for Tergrid or Muldrotha, and doesn't like one turn storm combo wins, so a deck about random war and chaos sounded like an interesting way to go. I almost never build my decks with shocks, since they can really ramp up the price. Yes, I put mana crypt in there, and yes, I don't care.

YourNeighborhoodGhost

• Decks
very nice deck man, love it. maybe you want to look at my version of thantis :)

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
Thantis is just a fun interesting way of playing. Yours has the fog effect which is great and the one I created has lots of enchantments so my playgroup actually likes the deck because every time I play thantis no 2 games are anywhere close the same.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
Since you have Sandwurm Convergence, have you also considered Mudslide and or Smoke?
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Xalic

• Decks
Geode Rager, might be a fun add. Goad is always a helpful option. Love the build however.

thronabul

• Decks
100% saving this for later, Thantis is my meme dream deck

Nils

• Decks
I couldn't make this our deck of the week (the name actually broke our Twitter script!) but you did get a special shout-out on Twitter: https://twitter.com/deckstats/status/1361753684678479872 :)

Salzer2.0

• Decks
“From the Roil emerged a ravenous, primordial being of pure mana, and it gathers against the coming storm.”

Salzer2.0

• Decks
Also, wouldn't Koskun Falls allow you to cause crazy infighting at your table, and then when it gets to 1v1 just sac the enchantment and you can mop up the rest?
“From the Roil emerged a ravenous, primordial being of pure mana, and it gathers against the coming storm.”

Cosmic_Insight

• Decks
These are some great suggestions. I meant this deck to be a random test to see what it would take to create pure anarchy, and there probably are some swaps that would improve the overall power level. You can copy this deck all you want and make it better, I don't really care.

This is the second deck I've made with a special font, and both decks have become immensely popular. The main problem with getting feedback or getting your deck noticed is that there are so many decks, and you can't look at them all, so the deck title becomes the only remotely possible way to get your decks noticed for feedback, besides a forum post, which doesn't always provide the feedback you need. My solution for this would be to create an area to showcase decks from users who usually make interesting, thought-out decks, or and area to see which keywords (or in the case of EDH, commanders) are popular and show the best new decks from that category. This would be useful if a new card prompted a resurgence of a particular strategy, and people want to reference simialr new decks. I like looking to others for suggestions, but it's a little annoying when the most popular Muldrotha decks, for example, are over two years old and don't have any new, much better cards. (powercreep and all.)

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
These are some great suggestions. I meant this deck to be a random test to see what it would take to create pure anarchy, and there probably are some swaps that would improve the overall power level. You can copy this deck all you want and make it better, I don't really care.

This is the second deck I've made with a special font, and both decks have become immensely popular. The main problem with getting feedback or getting your deck noticed is that there are so many decks, and you can't look at them all, so the deck title becomes the only remotely possible way to get your decks noticed for feedback, besides a forum post, which doesn't always provide the feedback you need. My solution for this would be to create an area to showcase decks from users who usually make interesting, thought-out decks, or and area to see which keywords (or in the case of EDH, commanders) are popular and show the best new decks from that category. This would be useful if a new card prompted a resurgence of a particular strategy, and people want to reference simialr new decks. I like looking to others for suggestions, but it's a little annoying when the most popular Muldrotha decks, for example, are over two years old and don't have any new, much better cards. (powercreep and all.)
I think this is a great idea. The update that added visibility to primers was fantastic, and I think something else with the same goal in mind would be awesome.

Perhaps a better way to look for other EDH decks led by a certain commander? I know that Deckstats pulls suggestions for EDH decks from EDHRec, so I wonder if there is a way to do something similar that allows the person to easily look through up-to-date and/or popular lists on Deckstats with the same commander that they are building (would make it much more convenient to look at other lists in order to fill out your first draft, hone your deck, update an older out of date list, etc.).

Also, I like the idea of showcasing users that regularly make interesting, thought-out lists, but I have no idea how that would be done fairly, if even at all.