deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Add a color to a Commander  (Read 3014 times)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Add a color to a Commander
« on: February 19, 2021, 09:07:27 pm »
Stephen Green from Commander Vs posted this on Twitter and I thought it was an interesting question...

If you could add one color to any Commander, what color to which Commander and why?
This space for rent.

Cosmic_Insight

• praise Sylveon for upvotes
  • Decks
Re: Add a color to a Commander
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 09:24:34 pm »
Add purple to the Ur-Dragon.

On second thought, add red to muldrotha, that would be an interesting commander to play
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. owo

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks

Akira Foxmind

• Patron
  • Always pressing F5 in hope for anything to happen.
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2021, 10:00:56 pm »
Since I think most commanders would get new ways to toy around with I'll stay with a mono-colored, actually brand new card: Egon, God of Death // Throne of Death
He is the latest card I wanted to build around, but had much problems using him nicely. So I would give him blue as a second color to have access to more self-milf cards.

Generally speaking I would say mono-colored commanders are the ones needing larger color identities the most.
'Trigger happy little kitten.
---------
Chaos Control!
---------
Far over the misty mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
---------
Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this.

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2021, 10:11:15 pm »
It's not a good choice as such, but I'd add green the The Scorpion God. I'd love a Jund -1/-1 counter deck.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2021, 10:55:03 pm »
Add green to Merieke Ri Berit. I would gain access to dorks, Kiora's Follower and Seeker of Skybreak.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2021, 10:59:25 pm »
I'd add red to Atraxa so that I could finally build a full Phyrexia themed deck with all of the praetors. As it is, I can't run Urabrask.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Modern Tribal Combinations!
  • Decks
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2021, 11:56:58 pm »
I know, I might earn dislikes and downvotes and I'm not the most particularly devoted EDH player, but if it was to me and contrary to the suggestion, I would not add; but I'd remove a color and that's Black from Inalla, Archmage Ritualist. Why? Because, I find Black a redundant color in otherwise mostly Blue-Red and therefore Izzet Tribe as Wizards like are Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind, Adeliz, the Cinder Wind, Naru Meha, Master Wizard, Kaza, Roil Chaser, Melek, Izzet Paragon and Docent of Perfection // Final Iteration. Naru Meha and Docent are really Mono-Blue, but adds an aggravation to my thought, in my opinion. Otherwise, I trully support that some Tribes maybe need additional colors or at least variations in possible or preconstructed Commanders like Omnath, but in case of Wizards, I just don't see Black in Inalla that imperative as inclusion.
Kind regards and with all due respect,
Chavo

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2021, 02:00:57 am »
I would probably add white to Kumena, Tyrant of Orazca. It would be a dream to be able to play Stonybrook Schoolmaster, Sygg, River Guide, Summon the School, and Judge of Currents, let alone generically fantastic white cards like Dovin's Veto, Swords to Plowshares, Generous Gift, etc.

Also, blue to Ezuri, Renegade Leader. Negate the Wrath of God. Crush your opponents' wills to live. I'll leave it at that.

Slyvester12

• Decks
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2021, 05:49:29 am »
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

fire5167

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2021, 06:06:45 am »
Hahaha I remember that post. I would change Raff Capashen, Ship's Mage to esper colors.

DDaniDMrt

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2021, 04:20:34 pm »
Hi guys!

I'd love to see Noyan Dar, Roil Shaper with green (mostly for ramp). I know he is not so popular, but he was my first one.
I'm not into card-design, soooo feel free to blast me: maybe could he had been a legitimate bant card with the same effect, stats and cost in the first place...?

I'm currently daydreaming on a penta version of him, helmed by General Tazri (probably): with a little more green, providing mana and tutors for lands, I could reliably manage to cast a kickered Rite of Replication on a awakened (by Noyan or others) Field of the Dead. Hidden achievement of mine still locked for now.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2021, 12:12:50 am »
When I first saw Valki, God of Lies // Tibalt, Cosmic Imposter ... I wished that it also had blue.  I would love for it to be an alternate commander for my Mimeoplasm deck.
Happy Brewing!
:)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2021, 12:07:15 pm »
My initial thoughts were on the decks I already had built and what another color could do to them...

* Purphoros (which I'm unretiring and retooling)- man, adding white for Smothering Tithe and Anointed Procession could do a lot in this deck, but then again so could green for Doubling Season and Parallel Lives.
* Karador Shadowborn Apostles would love red to add in some of the RB demons such as Sire of Insanity just to give the deck a different feel (I ran Saskia as the commander at one point but the deck ran less smoothly as Saskia really didn't add anything other than the color while Karadors ability at times comes in handy).
* Grand Arbiter Augustin IV would love some black. Give it more removal and some of the depth black has with sac abilities to add to it would be insane, and my playgroup hates this deck as it is.

As for adding a color to a general I haven't built yet, CleanBelwas already hit the nail on the head.
It's not a good choice as such, but I'd add green the The Scorpion God. I'd love a Jund -1/-1 counter deck.

I just drooled a little.
This space for rent.