deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Casual] Modified "60-card EDH" Lurrus - Almost there!  (Read 392 times)

llamadude

• Patron
  • Decks
[Casual] Modified "60-card EDH" Lurrus - Almost there!
« on: February 23, 2021, 02:55:27 pm »
My friends and I have been playing a lot of Commander, but recently decided we wanted to play a little more one-on-one. So at first we started with Modern, but quickly realized our card collections are a little too specific to Commander to give us too many deck options in Modern. So we decided to try a made-up format: 60-card constructed, singleton, Commander ban-list, 15-card sideboard, best-of-three. (Decks have no commander or color-identity restrictions.) There's probably something horribly broken about this, but right now it just gives us something fun to play with.

So that's the "format" this deck is being designed for.

The deck itself is supposed to be a Lurrus deck which keeps bringing things back from the graveyard. My issue is that I've not really played much in terms of graveyard decks, so I don't really know what I'm doing! Balancing it so that it will play well and interact well are what are making things difficult for me. (Vraska and Lurrus are both marked as "commanders" to avoid warnings about color ID, btw.)

I've tried to have creatures which are annoying to get rid of (such as Orzhov Enforcer, with deathtouch and afterlife) to help me last longer and get going, and in general I've tried to prefer permanents to other spells, and creatures above all, to make use of the various sorts of recursion.

So that said, here's the deck. Cards are perhaps grouped inefficiently at the moment, but I rearrange them as needed as I build. I'm currently at 71 cards and 28 in the sideboard, though the sideboard cards have had very little thought put into them so far. I'm guessing my biggest problem will be creatures being exiled and graveyard hate. The maybeboard is also just a few of the cards I culled earlier, not necessarily the best ones.

https://deckstats.net/decks/149773/1947327-60-card-lurrus

I'd very much appreciate any suggestions about cards to cut, cards to substitute/add, or whatever! Note that I generally try to keep the revision list commented properly, so if you want to go back and see where the deck came from and perhaps have other ideas for where I could take it, please check that out!

The collection should be up-to-date with my available cards, if that's helpful, though the quantities of some of them (in particular lands) might be off. But that doesn't matter since this is singleton. :D

https://deckstats.net/collection/20200

Thank you!

llamadude

• Patron
  • Decks
Re: [Casual] Modified "60-card EDH" Lurrus - Almost there!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 04:00:04 am »
I've made some painful cuts, but I'm now down to 64 in the main deck. Four more to go!

llamadude

• Patron
  • Decks
Re: [Casual] Modified "60-card EDH" Lurrus - Almost there!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 10:02:48 pm »
Well I ended up playing one game against my friend... who had ALSO built a Lurrus deck. What we both learned is that we did not have much in terms of win-cons. >_< The game dragged on for WAAAAAY too long before I finally got enough of an advantage with Skirsdag High Priest (Blood Artist, Priest of Forgotten Gods, Arguel's Blood Fast, Bloodsoaked Champion, Reassembling Skeleton, Serrated Scorpion, and of course Lurrus of the Dream-Den all put in work too, but Skirsdag was the main one which was going to make me win), and he forfeit. We never made it to rounds 2 and 3 because it was just too long. The sideboards would have helped, but we were so done by then. I'm thinking I'm going to just include Lurrus as a card in the next version, and not try to make it a Lurrus-specific deck. And I need more specific win-cons. xD