deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] An Attempt  (Read 475 times)

Ace024

• Decks
[Modern] An Attempt
« on: February 24, 2021, 04:07:42 pm »
So this is an attempt at breaking Scute Swarm in the Modern format. Hope y'all enjoy.

https://deckstats.net/decks/114640/1952213-an-attempt

ekans_

• Decks
Re: [Modern] An Attempt
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 11:36:57 am »
I feel like you need a lot of fetches to fully explore the power of landfall

Ace024

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 03:56:22 pm »

Not really, although it helps a lot. Iv found using Azusa Lost But Seeking, Ancient Greenwarden, and Ashaya Soul of the Wild (whom i left out of the deck) is way more effective than fetchlands simply because Ashaya turns all your creatures into Forest lands and even affects them when they're on the stack so they cause the activation of landfall abilities. However i left Ashaya out simply because of how careful you have to be with the timing, i wanted as few legendary creatures just in case things dont go to plan and the Scutes end up played with all the copying effects before the legendary creatures which would cause sacrifices to be made. Honestly i should've included a way to search for any permanent so Azusa can always get out before the Scutes. Thank you for the comment, iv got some thinking to do about this deck now.

ekans_

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 04:42:22 pm »

Not really, although it helps a lot. Iv found using Azusa Lost But Seeking, Ancient Greenwarden, and Ashaya Soul of the Wild (whom i left out of the deck) is way more effective than fetchlands simply because Ashaya turns all your creatures into Forest lands and even affects them when they're on the stack so they cause the activation of landfall abilities. However i left Ashaya out simply because of how careful you have to be with the timing, i wanted as few legendary creatures just in case things dont go to plan and the Scutes end up played with all the copying effects before the legendary creatures which would cause sacrifices to be made. Honestly i should've included a way to search for any permanent so Azusa can always get out before the Scutes. Thank you for the comment, iv got some thinking to do about this deck now.

I wanted to say, that it would be a drastic improvement to run fetchlands, as they double landfall triggers. They get even better with Greenwarden. Also, if you only run Greenwarden for the graveyard synergy: Crucible of Worlds gets the job done as well and is cheaper. Although he doubles triggers.. I guess you either go for the slower trigger plan or the fast engine with Crucible.

Ace024

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 07:09:56 pm »
No need to choose between fast and slow, just replacing a Helm of the Host for Crucible of Worlds. Only reason for so many copies is just in case of cards like Disenchant or the like.