deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Help with an Orzhov deck design (EDH)  (Read 752 times)

Fuzzy2Wasy

• Decks
Help with an Orzhov deck design (EDH)
« on: February 25, 2021, 08:53:37 pm »
First time making an Orzhov EDH deck.  I feel like I'm trying to do too much with it, but liked the idea of lifegain to do direct damage, blinking permanents, and generating tokens. 

Here's my first draft. 
https://deckstats.net/decks/161626/1952649-orzhov-blink-and-tokens

Questions:
1) Is this feasible

2) Any cards I'm missing this deck would NEED to have (also, I have a maybeboard)

3) Which cards are a total waste of space in this deck

Not necessarily trying to make this a "competitive" deck, mostly my playgroup is cEDH but we are getting better.

Thank you all for feedback!

TropicalBoi

• Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica
  • Decks
Re: Help with an Orzhov deck design (EDH)
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 06:28:27 pm »
Well for a start, you need at least 5-6 More card draw spells, only having 5 is not gonna cut it.

I also think you're using the wrong commander for a blink/token strat. Thallisse is so much better than Obzedat, or even go with Teysa Karlov for some more dies triggers of a Blood Artist when your tokens eventually die.

Also, I think you are trying to do to much. Blink, Lifegain, Tokens, and all that other stuff just doesn't add up to much of a deck. I would focus on 2 main themes and go from there.

Sorry if I sound like an ass, but you asked for advice and I'm gonna give it to you. Hope this helped!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 06:32:47 pm by TropicalBoi »

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 08:15:09 pm »
Not necessarily trying to make this a "competitive" deck, mostly my playgroup is cEDH but we are getting better.

But cEDH stands for Competitive EDH? Are you saying you're trying to make a weaker than average deck for your group?
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Fuzzy2Wasy

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 08:24:23 pm »
Oh, great point.  Total brain fog on my end.  I meant to say my group was casual, not cEDH

krichaiushii

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2021, 02:15:20 am »
TropicalBoi's comment about draw is spot on. 

Luckily, Black is the color for trading life for cards. 

Phyrexian Arena, Bloodgift Demon, Bloodtracker, Erebos, God of the Dead, Greed, Necrologia, Night's Whisper, and Phyrexian Gargantua, among other options.  Many other options.

Note that Disciple of Bolas loves some of your larger creatures.

Fuzzy2Wasy

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2021, 02:36:15 am »
Thank you both, great tips. And @TropicalBoi I totally agree with the trying to do too much. I think I’m going to eliminate most of the token generation stuff, I think that’s the play here. Or
Just go with Thallisse and ditch the blink.

Appreciate it!