deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: global view for collections  (Read 367 times)

Ridazinator

• Decks
global view for collections
« on: March 02, 2021, 11:20:42 am »
Being able to have multiple collections now, makes it somewhat nececarry to have a global view+search over all collections. Each user should have this "global view" by default as a seperate point in the dropdown menu of the collection list. It should not be a "real" collection (or a seperate data table in other terms), but more like a joint view of all collections.

Here is what i came up with until now. Might add stuff if something comes to mind.

• a joint view over all collections
  • it should generally work the same way as the usual collection-viewer
  • each collection should have a setting that includes or excludes the collection from the global view (default is include)
  • the global view should have a column to show from which collection the current data row is pulled from
  • Icing on the cake would be to make it possible to manage the data of the different collections through the joint-view as well. For example, if i got new cards that i need to add in different collections, i need to manage each collection seperatly. So maybe the global-view could also have an editor, in which i can add cards and declare into which "real" collection the card should be added. The same goes for deleting and editing data-rows. I understand that this might not be possible in a clean way, but maybe it is :D

Steiff

• Decks
Re: global view for collections
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2022, 10:18:14 am »
Great request - I totally agree.
This would add one more (my) use case to the site:
I have 50 Decks, each of them managed as a single collection, because editions and conditions matter for me.
So when searching for one specific copy of a card, I could search in overview instead of clicking into every collection separately, then filter.
Also I could have a total overview over all copies of cards I have