deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Collection Manager - show edition property on top of card image  (Read 394 times)

Ridazinator

• Decks
When viewing a collection with images, some property fields are shown on top of the card images. However, the edition of the card is not shown as a field. I can understand that it might not seem necessary, because the edition symbol is shown on the card, but i don't know every set symbol on top of my head. So i think it's a good idea to have the edition property shown the same way, and when i hover over it, it should tell me the complete edition name. Another "workaround" would be to look at the edition ID on the bottom left of the card, but that space is alreay occupied by the "amount". Also some older cards dont have their edition on their card at all, so i would still prefer to just add the property.

Nils

• Decks
Re: Collection Manager - show edition property on top of card image
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2021, 08:53:57 pm »
I know this is not exactly what you asked for, but I have just added the set abbreviation + collector number (if it's been specified) to the hover text on card images. So you can at least get the abbreviation for each card without having to know the symbol. Hopefully this already makes things a bit easier for you while I look into better solutions!

Ridazinator

• Decks
Re: Collection Manager - show edition property on top of card image
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 09:40:43 am »
It definitly helps in many cases. The most problematic ones for me are sets like the Commander Decks. I can recognize if the set symbol if from a Commander Deck set, but i can never remember which one exactly (C15, C16, C18,...), so now i can check that at least. So now the next step would be to just show the abbreviation on the card with a possibility to mouse over it for the full set name.
Another thing that came to mind just now: Maybe it's possible to let the user decide what fields he wants to be shown over the cards? So people who dont need/want that much information can have a cleaner look, and i think it's always good to give the users the option to adjust those things as they want.