deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Possessed Portal & Stasis (Koma, Cosmos Serpent Hard Lock Combo)  (Read 325 times)

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
Hello dear people of Deckstats. This is it. The dreaded hard lock deck with Possessed Portal and Stasis. I got excited about Possessed Portal so I decided to build a deck around it and Stasis was just a nice add-on that enables a full board lock. I'm wondering if Possessed Portal alone would be enough...

https://deckstats.net/decks/93006/1959834--no-and-no-koma-cosmos-serpent

This deck aims to completely lock the board by denying the untap and draw steps making our opponents unable to do anything. At the same time we break parity with cards that let us feed tokens to Possessed Portal (e.g. Tendershoot Dryad) and pay the upkeep cost of Stasis (e.g. Garruk Wildspeaker). The win conditions after this lock are flimsy but inevitable given our opponents have no responses: God-Pharaoh's Statue will ping them always for 1 and a duplicate token maker in addition to Koma, Cosmos Serpent will let us create creatures that can attack (and never untap again, heh).

The "draw cards" are worded so that they put cards straight into the hand so that they don't count as drawing. Hence the poor quality of draw spells but one has to make do with the restrictions.

If you think Possessed Portal alone would be good enough then let me know because that would free up a lot of space from the deck.

I'm looking for:
  • Additional wincons, remember: no untaps, no drawing but upkeeps and end steps are OK
  • More ways to break the parity with Stasis and Possessed Portal
  • Cuts and lots of them
Note that Possessed Portal triggers on EACH upkeep for EVERYONE, not for the one whose turn it is. Thank you in advance for your help!
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/