deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Muldrotha w/ Planned Myr Sac for Infinite Turns  (Read 726 times)

Montag’r

• Decks
Muldrotha w/ Planned Myr Sac for Infinite Turns
« on: March 04, 2021, 07:12:52 pm »
Muldrotha

Hello. I’m really new to MTG. And I finally decided to build a deck instead of relying on the precons I got. I’d like to know what you all think. This deck is built and ready to go. I’m just looking for tips on what to upgrade, etc. my current plan is to pickup Thopter Assembly and Mimic Vat to get infinite turns. What else could/should I do?

Thanks!

Slyvester12

• Decks
Re: Muldrotha w/ Planned Myr Sac for Infinite Turns
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 09:25:45 pm »
Dang, I got excited when I saw "myr." I built a myr combo deck focusing on using Myr Galvanizer and myr that make mana to go infinite. If you're interested in that, my commanders are Silas Renn, Seeker Adept for recursion and Thrasios, Triton Hero for a mana sink. Even if you stick with Muldrotha, I think you should add some layers to your combo. If Time Sieve gets exiled or stopped in some way, having a backup would help a lot.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 11:46:15 pm »
Hey,

first of all, my common mantra about lands: "if it enters tapped, it needs to have a significant effect".

Then I think its a good practice to group the cards by funciton in stead of by type. Ramp, Removal, etc. That makes it easier for others to get why you have added this or that card. Besides that, this also helps sometimes to detect weakspots within your deck. And finally, if you have trouble to put a card into a section, or would open another section for 1 or 2 cards, those usually doesn't really fit into your deck and are therefore good targets for replacement.

With this general stuff said, lets take a closer look at your picks:
For the landbase I would reccomend Fabled Passage, Evolving Wilds and Terramorphic Expanse. At least the latter ones are slow too, but you can at least make up for this by reusing them via your commander.
For card advantage, Secrets of the Dead and Sultai Ascendancy should be very interesting options.
For ramp, what about Dreamscape Artist, Millikin or Sakura-Tribe Elder? Staples like Skyclave Relic (better Darksteel Ingot) or Arcane Signet may also be interesting.
Riftsweeper is also a very interesting pick for Muldrotha, since he can bring exiled cards back.
Then, from my personal experience with playing muldrotha, you will most likely need some cards to protect her. Elephant Grass, Kaya's Ghostform, Siren Stormtamer and Swiftfoot Boots should be interesting, without busting your budget. Speaking about protection, Spore Frog is an absolute beast with muldrotha out.
For removal, reusable cards like Plaguecrafter, Seal of Doom or Seal of Primordium have proven really effective for me. As long as you controll Muldrotha, you can play them again and again and again.

If you are looking for further inspiration, feel free to check my muldrotha deck. It is build on a much higher budget and with a different focus, but maybe some of the other cards I have used there (or at least marked in the maybe board) catches your eye:
https://deckstats.net/decks/112190/1051092-muldrotha-the-gravetide-perman/
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Montag’r

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2021, 12:25:05 am »
Thank you both so much. I love the infinite myr setup. I will see about working that in. Are there any cards like Time Sieve?

Judaspriester, your suggestions are great. Several of the cards you recommended are in my collection. I’ll add those. Your deck is badass. I’ll be working off that for awhile. Thanks!

Grulman

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2021, 09:41:12 am »
You should skip the most of your non permanents. Muldrotha need more ramp too, so use better more ramp artifact or creatures for more Land play, for example the signets and Talismans.
Than you could play more reanimate, like myr retriever.

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2021, 11:57:26 am »
Thank you both so much. I love the infinite myr setup. I will see about working that in. Are there any cards like Time Sieve?

Judaspriester, your suggestions are great. Several of the cards you recommended are in my collection. I’ll add those. Your deck is badass. I’ll be working off that for awhile. Thanks!

Thanks for the flowers. My muldrotha deck has already become somewhat infamous within my playgroup. One of the other players was sometimes really pissed off as he noticed I play muldrotha. But that's most likely because of the fact that he tries to stuff to much into his decks and therefore "lacks space" in order to add some grave hate. To bad that my version requires  making sure that a) muldrotha stays off the board or b) the graveyard doesn't fill up to much.

Another advice about muldrotha: better don't get to greedy with your graveyard. I usually try to fill it to a point where the table usually wants to deplete it, but I'm still able to recover if they do. You can of course still do all-in moves where you put your half deck (or more) in your graveyard, but if you do, you should have some protection prepared or be confident that you won't give your opponents less time to do something against it.

As another general hint: always take a look at your personal meta, groups have usually different group preferences. Usually you can take advantage of this by noticing weakspots (e.g. next to no gravehate within the decks) or stuff that people doesn't play and you therefore doesn't need to much protection against (e.g. (mass-) land destruction).
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2021, 11:46:30 pm »

I use either Thrasios, Triton Hero or Urza, Lord High Artificer to combo off and draw my whole deck with infinite mana. If you want infinite turns specifically, you could loop Nexus of Fate with a similar setup or use a Mindslaver Lock by using something like Myr Welder and the untap combo or Clock of Omens. You can also make infinite tokens using Myr Propagator. Those infinite tokens can kill everyone by making copies of Myr Battlesphere, which is my favorite way to win a game. My list is on my deck page, but I can link it here if you'd like.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.