deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: What universe crossover do you want?  (Read 1524 times)

Tsivihcra

• Decks
What universe crossover do you want?
« on: March 15, 2021, 11:59:55 am »
Now that we are going to get Lord of the Rings, what other universe crossovers would you want to see in the future? Star Trek would be amazing, it has such a vast universe full of creatures, vehicles, and artifacts. However, I will admit that "magic" is pretty absent from all of Star Trek. Star Wars also has all of the above, but with "magic" as well because of the force. I'd be just as happy with a Star Wars crossover.

The Alien/Predator universe would be nice too.

KingKia

• Decks
Re: What universe crossover do you want?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 02:32:23 pm »
I would like to see some other TCG like yu gi oh, duel masters or pokemon crossovers. Dark Magician in a Magic Artwork could be very nice.

Tsivihcra

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 03:00:59 pm »
The Alien/Predator universe would be nice too.

Although, some say that slivers are based on Alien.

0zbozz

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 04:41:48 pm »
What universe crossover do you want?
None.

WizardSpartan

• Red_Wyrm's boo
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 05:15:57 pm »
I think a League of Legends crossover would be cool. Champions in League seem they would be good fits for alternate skins of existing MTG legendary creatures.

Slyvester12

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2021, 06:49:02 pm »
I would prefer MtG stay away from any more crossovers. However, if we're going to be forced to have them, I think one based on the Dune novels would be pretty great. The sandworms would be, surprise, wurms. The Fremen could be soldiers/allies/assassins, the Bene Gesserit could be wizard clerics, the Spacing Guild pilots could be pilots. Legendary creatures could be Paul Atreides (Wizard Warrior Noble?), Lady Jessica (Wizard Cleric Noble?), Duncan Idaho (Warrior Assassin?), etc... Artifacts could be lasguns, shields, daggers; legendary artifacts could be the Gom Jabbar, Ix cloning tank, atom bomb. Maybe make a Spacing Guild ship a vehicle, or a 'thopter a...thopter? Enchantments could be prescience, weirding voice, etc... Legendary land could be spice mine, or the important planets.

This actually seems like it would work surprisingly well.
Elves and infect are the best things in Magic.

jlutzxinc

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2021, 07:18:36 pm »
I would like to see some other TCG like yu gi oh, duel masters or pokemon crossovers. Dark Magician in a Magic Artwork could be very nice.
There's a TCG for it already, but I'd love a Transformers crossover that didn't stop at Optimus Prime, Inspiring Leader.  Plus it's a property their parent company already owns so unlike the Walking Dead it won't be a "dead end", har har...

I hate licensing.  Originality exists for a reason.

Korlich

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2021, 12:45:29 pm »
I don't want a cross over. I want UB to be silverbordered. IF they did that I would enjoy it.

KingKia

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2021, 03:04:48 pm »
There's a TCG for it already, but I'd love a Transformers crossover that didn't stop at Optimus Prime, Inspiring Leader.  Plus it's a property their parent company already owns so unlike the Walking Dead it won't be a "dead end", har har...

There is also a movie for "Iron Man" but ppl still like "The Avengers" :-D but nvm

Basically I think it's okay if nothing is licensed and there are no crossovers at all, but if I have to, then I would find a mashup between TCGs quite nice.
But to be honest, the Magic lore still offers so many possibilities and unique characters, so that they don't need to do a crossover but can simply print existing lore cards. Instead, they are doing the 100th liliana and a couple of crossovers

Elan Morin Tedronai

• Modern Tribal Combinations!
  • Decks
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2021, 03:21:47 pm »

Aetherium Slinky

• Rules Advisor
    • reddit.com/r/jankEDH
  • Decks
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2021, 03:37:18 pm »
Doctor Who would tie in nicely with all the "temporal stuff", extra turns, cool artifacts and there are lots of characters to choose from. All kinds of monsters, both iconic and generic. I can imagine the Daleks being Artifact Creatures along with the Cybermen. Davros is definitely an Artificer. Late Capaldi (teaching at the University) would tie in nicely with the new Lesson subtype. You could have multiple Planeswalkers for the different incarnations of the Doctor, Missy and The Master. Revive the Vehicle subtype for Tardis and Vortex Manipulators etc. WotC should also get super wild and resurrect the old "World Enchantment" subtype with the different worlds The Doctor travels in. There's just so much lore to draw inspiration from.
Come brew some jank with us!
https://www.reddit.com/r/jankEDH/

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2021, 10:06:04 am »
In general I don't like the crossover idea that much, since we know that at least some of those cards will be a) legal for the eternal formats and b) premium only. This is something that really doesn't fit for me.

With that being said, they have already mentioned Warhammer:40k which could(!) offer some interesting stuff, if(!) they do it right. Besides that, I would really like to see more Chthulu references in general (Library of Leng says 'Hi').

Some diskworld stuff could also be nice, but I think that's more something for a un- set. Still I would like to see a badass Cohen as commander (Babarian tribe?).
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

pollukranos

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2021, 11:28:08 am »
a cross over lord of the ring or Warhammer age of sigmar - Magic

jlutzxinc

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2021, 12:04:48 am »

There is also a movie for "Iron Man" but ppl still like "The Avengers" :-D but nvm

Basically I think it's okay if nothing is licensed and there are no crossovers at all, but if I have to, then I would find a mashup between TCGs quite nice.
But to be honest, the Magic lore still offers so many possibilities and unique characters, so that they don't need to do a crossover but can simply print existing lore cards. Instead, they are doing the 100th liliana and a couple of crossovers
I guess you didn't read the part about "property the parent company owns", else you wouldn't have given an example that supports my stance.  On the other hand I agree they print waaay too many "unique" versions of the same handful of people.  They probably think it shows "character development" but that doesn't work when the "development" is for versions that are obviously younger than before (less competent being one way they do that, and NOT the case for this wave of Lilianas but moreso Jace in the current Standard for example).  Let's have more cards for stories and people that need them and not the "100th Liliana", that's just dumb.