deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Prismatic Bridgefest  (Read 650 times)

Raxan998

• Decks
Prismatic Bridgefest
« on: March 18, 2021, 07:54:45 pm »
Prismatic Bridgefest

this deck is an experiment using Esika's Prismatic bridge to cheat out a lot of creatures fast. advice is very much appreciated.

Marco33

• Decks
Re: Prismatic Bridgefest
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 11:08:43 am »
It isn't legal you must have a commander with all colors to summon it to be able to play with all colors !!

The Golgari Guy

• Deck optimization never ends
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 11:22:11 am »
Is the fact that all cards are from Kaldheim intentional?

If you want to play The Prismatic Bridge, you should make sure that you hit huge stuff, like Ulamog, The Ceaseless Hunger for example. If you're on a budget, there are alternatives like Stormtide Leviathan.
You don't want to hit a Battlefield Raptor, since you will only get to use the ability once per turn, so it's not going to be so "fast"...

Anyway, I would start from the basics: 37-38 lands, 10-13 ramp spells, 6-7 targeted removal etc.
There are some good deck building templates around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K9PEeLG_6M&t=3846s
Golgari is life. And death.

Akira Foxmind

• Patron
  • Always pressing F5 in hope for anything to happen.
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2021, 11:25:24 am »
It isn't legal you must have a commander with all colors to summon it to be able to play with all colors !!

Esika's back side is 5-colored...
'Trigger happy little kitten.
---------
Chaos Control!
---------
Far over the misty mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
---------
Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this.

Marco33

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2021, 02:37:55 pm »
"Esika's back side is 5-colored..." yes but the back side isn't a creature! So it doesn't work.because the commander must be a creature

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2021, 02:42:33 pm »
"Esika's back side is 5-colored..." yes but the back side isn't a creature! So it doesn't work.because the commander must be a creature

The latest ruling from the Commander Rules Committee is that if either face of a Modal Double-Faced Card (MDFC) is a legendary creature, then it can be your commander.  Commander-ness is a quality of the entire card.  So your commander's color identity is the combination of both sides.  You may cast either side from the Command Zone.  The Commander Tax applies to the whole card, regardless of which side you have previously cast.
Happy Brewing!
:)

Akira Foxmind

• Patron
  • Always pressing F5 in hope for anything to happen.
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2021, 03:10:42 pm »

If that was true, how about Planeswalker cards like Nahiri, the Lithomancer?

Oh, and thanks to ApothecaryGeist for refering to the correct ruling.
'Trigger happy little kitten.
---------
Chaos Control!
---------
Far over the misty mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
---------
Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this.

Raxan998

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2021, 06:37:27 pm »
Is the fact that all cards are from Kaldheim intentional?

If you want to play The Prismatic Bridge, you should make sure that you hit huge stuff, like Ulamog, The Ceaseless Hunger for example. If you're on a budget, there are alternatives like Stormtide Leviathan.
You don't want to hit a Battlefield Raptor, since you will only get to use the ability once per turn, so it's not going to be so "fast"...

Anyway, I would start from the basics: 37-38 lands, 10-13 ramp spells, 6-7 targeted removal etc.
There are some good deck building templates around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K9PEeLG_6M&t=3846s

yes, it was intentionally kept to all-kaldheim for flavor.